Product Safety Engineer- Regulatroy and Compliance
This position will be responsible for the management of Regulatory and Compliance within the NA Product Safety Group. This position will report to the Product Safety & Standards Manager, while interfacing with the Company’s engineering and legal departments to provide technical assistance and support to Risk Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Move the organization in a proactive direction as it relates to the to the following:
- Further define component and product specifications
- Implement Safety standards and key learnings from litigation
- Proactive participation in AHAM and Industry Standards Task Groups
- Lead DOE compliance activities and ensure R&D is kept informed of new regulations
- Assist with product safety risk assessments
- Attend Electrolux Project Management (EPM) meetings to ensure integration of safety, regulatory & compliance requirements.
- Develop and deploy safety standards, DOE and regulatory requirements for North America
- Helps develop departmental policies and procedures and insure consistency within the Product Safety Group
- Works with other departmental managers to insure adherence to goals and objectives through sound management principles.
- Proactively resolves product safety, regulatory, and compliance issues.
- Develops a team spirit within the engineering team
- Coaching of associates in development of technical and project skills.
- Performs other duties as required or necessary.
- Bachelors of Science degree in engineering preferred, preferably Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or relevant technical degree and related experience
- 5 years plus years minimum appliance product design related experience or equivalent through acquired technical knowledge
- Leadership experience preferred