Production Manager - 2nd Shift
Shift Production Manager is responsible for coaching and leading their team,
ensuring commitment to safe work practices, driving production efficiency,
managing production goals, and drive the engagement of their team. The primary function of this role is to
manage all aspects of the shift through collaborative working with the
Production Supervisors for delivering, and where possible, exceeding the key
performance indicators within the operation. The successful candidate will
collaborate with the Senior Operations Manager and will be aligning the
designated shift of operations to the objectives of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote action oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident free workplace.
- Drive a continuous improvement environment focusing on SQDC while using Rapid PDCA.
- Oversees the assigned areas in the designated shift.
- Knowledge of daily activities and how to keep the work moving through the production process smoothly.
- Executes schedule with a sense of urgency, and with sincere concern for safety, quality, timeliness and cost consciousness.
- Implement and enforce all policies and practices, and employ effective leadership techniques and employee relations activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all team members working in the facility.
- Drive productivity through analysis of production vs labor hours.
- Responsible for team development, efficiency and flexibility.
- Perform administrative duties as required for backup such as Kronos, attendance tracking and providing reports for SQDC.
- Must be able to walk production area for 50% to 60% of work shift and focus should be the Production floor. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone or radio and effective use of other office equipment.
- Perform shift handoff 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7 plus years’ experience in High Speed Manufacturing operations.
- 7 plus years’ experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role in a continuous improvement environment.
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Master’s Degree.
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.