Production Shift Manager - 3rd Shift
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Shift Production Manager is responsible for coaching and leading their team, ensuring commitment to safe work practices, driving production efficiency, managing production goals, and drive the engagement of their team. The primary function of this role is to manage all aspects of the shift through collaborative working with the Production Supervisors for delivering, and where possible, exceeding the key performance indicators within the operation. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Senior Operations Manager and will be aligning the designated shift of operations to the objectives of the business.
- Promote action-oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident free workplace
- Oversees all departments during the designated shift and drive a continuous improvement environment focusing on SQDC while using rapid PDCA
- Executes schedule with a sense of urgency, and with sincere concern for safety, quality, timeliness and cost consciousness while managing daily activities and how to keep the work moving through the production process smoothly
- Implement and enforce all policies and practices, and employ effective leadership techniques and employee relations activities to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all team members working in the facility
- Responsible for team development, efficiency and flexibility and driving productivity through analysis of production vs labor hours
- Perform administrative duties as required for backup such as Kronos, attendance tracking and providing reports for SQDC
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 7 plus years’ experience in High Speed Manufacturing operations
- 7 plus years’ experience in a Supervisory or Managerial role in a continuous improvement environment
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus