Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Shape the future. One appliance at a time.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
The Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting production demand for the line by addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower and reporting equipment issues. The Production Supervisor provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support operations. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in their analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
- Promote action oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident-free workplace
- Attend production meetings; helps set and coordinate production schedule demands with Team Members. Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real-time problem-solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD)
- Ability to engage team members to foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated with the ability to make data-driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations
- Analyzes production on a continuous basis and adjusts accordingly as needed
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives
- First line of responsibility for production personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking
- Must be able to walk production area for the majority of work shift. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone or radio and effective use of other office equipment
- Be available 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition
- Other customary and typical duties assigned that would be reasonable for a supervisor in a similar environment
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma required
- 5 plus years’ experience in Manufacturing operations
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus