Products Liability Claim Representative
Electrolux North America, Inc. is the holding company for the North American operations of AB Electrolux, a global leader in the manufacture of household appliances and appliances for professional use. Electrolux is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and the North American headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Products include refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, ranges, washing machines, dryers
This position reports directly to the Manager, Casualty Claims. The Claims
Adjuster I is responsible for all aspects of adjusting general liability and products liability claims from start to conclusion in multi-state and multi-nation jurisdictions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fully responsible for the analysis, investigation, documentation, reserving, evaluation and resolution of general liability and products liability claims in the United States and Canada.
- This position requires daily communication with Electrolux consumers, insurance companies,
- Accurately document all findings and work product into claims handling
- Claim analysis and database coding to help identify products liability trends and to assist Purchasing, Quality, Product Safety, Legal, and Factory Management of trends.
- External experts: identify, hire, and manage external experts as appropriate.
- Claim tendering which entails claim research, part testing coordination, claim tender to
vendor, determined communication with the supplier and its insurance carrier, etc.
- Claim subrogation which entails much of the same as tendering plus payment tracking, etc.
- Typically handles minor to moderate property damage claims.
- Identifies potential fraudulent and suspicious claims
- 4 year college degree from an accredited college or university
- 0 – 5 years experience in products liability and/or claims management experience (general liability, bodily injury or homeowner/property claims).
- Insurance licenses a plus; will be required to obtain NC Adjuster License.
- Professional insurance designation a plus. (CPCU, AIC, ARM, SCLA, etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Organizational and multi-tasking ability with an ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to coordinate investigative and defense efforts with general counsel and outside counsel.
- Work on project teams within the department.
- Appropriately deals with information that is considered personal and confidential.
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Proficient using various claims software and programs (STARS, ISO, Xactimate) is a plus and comfortable working in a paperless environment.
- Ability to function independently as well as in an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to understand technical analysis and reports from electrical, mechanical, quality, and safety engineers.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claims handling and works within settlement authority.
- Analytical skills and ability to establish strategies to resolve claims.
- Excellent customer services skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to a changing environment.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Operates with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates Electrolux core values and champions those values with employees across all levels of the organization.