Project and Technical Leader
Location: Porcia, Italy
Lead the technical initiatives of the next frontier of Home Appliance excellence.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
At Electrolux, we are on a journey to shape living for the better. By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
We are looking for a Project & Technical Leader to coordinate activities and projects within our Global R&D site in Porcia (Italy) for the Business Area Europe.
We are a strong team of technical leaders and skilled engineers who work on European projects for:
• Washing Machines: Front Loaders, Top Loaders, Slims
• Washer Dryers: Condense and Heat Pump
You will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects and technical activities in the given time frame, cost target and quality level.
A regular day at work:
• Discuss definition of product specification with Product Line
• Support Generation Plan (Project Portfolio) and related Product Development activities within Platform Team
• Support and drive projects and/or activities from definition to the approval of production series
• Lead project/activity teams
• Report in Check Point meetings/steering team meetings for projects
• Ensure that new products/projects fit into the platform and subsystem structure
• Ensure test and pilot series within whole R&D (Global, Regional, Local) and Factory
• Use development/quality tools like FMEA’s, project planning, etc.
• Drive and manage subsystem project developments with internal and external suppliers
• Drive and manage cost reduction and quality improvement
• Ensure standardization and modularization
• Scout for new suppliers and technologies
• Create component and product specifications
• Support all activities for Variant creation with local R&D (user manuals, bill of materials, graphics, etc.)
Background & required experience:
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, bachelor’s degree in other technical/engineering field or equivalent experience in R&D function would be taken in consideration.
• Experience in Projects Management or technical leadership
• Knowledge in mechanical components, system development and design
• Knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred)
• Structured and robust engineering approach during each development phase
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection moulding, die casting) and assembling.
• Knowledge of quality tools and continuous improvement approach
• Knowledge in Design for Assembling and Manufacturing is a plus
• Knowledge of approval and environmental rules in different countries
• Knowledge of PLM (Teamcenter is preferred)
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
Please submit your CV in English
Find out more on:
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.