Swidnica , Poland
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open to new ideas – we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
The successful candidate will manage and coordinate various activities related to platform projects in the implementation phase and be part of several project teams in a global, multi-cultural environment. Will also be a key player on launch activities related to new products. She or he will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective project activities according to the given timeline, performance requirements, quality level and product cost targets.
The aim is to develop this position towards independent Project Leader with a portfolio of ambitious projects.
• Drive and manage implementation project activities related to:
- New platform and product range projects
- New subsystems and features development
- New aesthetical design
- Cost, quality and performance improvement
• Drive and manage new product launch activities for
- New product introduction
- New Variant Release (NVR)
- Product Change Requests (PCR)
• Organize and manage prototypes building and supporting the following areas:
- Product assembly, ready for testing and other purposes
- Plan and coordinate prototype builds in alignment with the local factory team
- Synchronize local build activities between project team, supply chain, engineering, quality and prototype shop
• Support the development of new components and systems/modules
• Support and drive on various activities from project definition to the approval of series production according specification
• Participate in project teams & cooperate with cross-functional teams in an international environment
• Participate in analysis of technical solutions with R&D, Quality, Purchasing, suppliers, factory and other involved functions
• Local platform reference contact for projects, launch activities, series builds and other related activities
• Use development/quality tools and techniques, E.g. Design reviews, FMEAs, project planning tools, etc.
• Define and collaborate on design validation with virtual and physical prototypes or concept series
• Identify standardization & modularization opportunities
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (e.g. Aerospace, Automation or Electromechanical Engineering)
PREFERRED CAREER EXPERIENCE
• 2 years in product development
TECHNICAL AND SOFT SKILLS
• Strongly self-organized and motivated on planning and executing activities
• Project management skills
• Ability to take initiative and to be proactive and creative in finding solutions
• Strong structured and engineering approach during each development phase
• Extensive knowledge in components and systems design, development and industrialization
• Knowledge of development and quality tools (FMEA´s, DoE, tolerance analysis…)
• Knowledge of the main manufacturing methods (metal forming, gluing) and assembly processes
• Experience in Design for Performance, Cost and Quality
• Knowledge of approval, safety and environmental rules
• Experience in working with cross-functional and international project teams
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN principles and ISO principles is a plus
• Knowledge of automation, control systems, electronics is a plus
• Team oriented and good communication skills on written, verbal and presentations
• Ability to prioritize activities and self-manage own workload
• Good judgement, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to adapt to change requests and priorities
• Attitude to continuous improvement in all the job areas
• Ability to work in a matrix organization, building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• Respect of cultural diversities and ability to tailor the communication with the people
• English and Polish
• Availability for travel
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. In 2017 Electrolux had sales of SEK 122 billion and employed 56,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.