Project Engineer, Finishing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Identify and implement improvement activities within the finishing process area that improve the areas of safety, efficiency, quality, and cost. You will co-champion a new finishing process that supports the industrialization of new products. The successful candidate will be a technical leader, fostering collaboration and team building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work closely with the cooking sector on the development and continuous improvement of a best-in-class manufacturing organization. Typical deliverables: On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Develop and implement manufacturing processes to meet finishing process area goals (Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery). Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
- Develop control processes and procedures to maintain consistent process results in Finishing.
- Supervise new equipment installation and startup, confirm compliance to technical specifications and complete qualification / commissioning checklists. Manage resolution of any gaps with equipment supplier.
- Perform the manufacturability analysis of new Products Projects.
- Workstation’s design, standardized work instructions and manning requirements.
- Participate in PFMEA, Design for Automation and Design for Manufacture activities.
- Support production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred).
- 3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Process Control and Continuous Improvement.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts, engineering practices and process engineering.
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details, data interpretation and control process implementation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, PFMEA).
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities.
- Ability to travel abroad for training, equipment reviews and benchmarking.