Identify and implement improvement activities within the manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality
Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project Management
- Manage multiple projects and project schedules while updating project documentation for updates to key leadership
- Industrialize new products, according to Electrolux EPM process. Project Leader for
- Industrialization (coordinates activities of Project Engineers & Core Technology Engineers).
- Interface with R&D, Product Line, Quality and Plants for manufacturability analysis.
- Define the Project Master plan with timing and investments.
- Take care of Manufacturing Engineering deliverables for new Product Projects
- Close cooperation with product launch
- Lead production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
- Drive specific manufacturing engineering projects
- Analyses production capacity, develop
planto shape manufacturing set-up according to strategy.
- Perform feasibility studies on new plant set-up.
- Rationalize plant layout.
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Works directly with manufacturing in a team environment for
problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Develop equipment, materials and process performance requirements. Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequatecapability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 4+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ experience managing projects
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination, Floor Kaizen and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices.
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details and data interpretation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities