Identify and implement improvement activities within the
manufacturing process in the areas of safety, efficiency, quality and cost. The Project Leader will champion 1-5yr
improvement plans, help mentor other technical and engineering team members and
lead the industrialization of new products and processes. The successful candidate will be both a
technical leader and a leader of people, fostering collaboration and team
building while upholding the organization’s core values. He/she will work
closely with the cooking sector on the development and continuous improvement
of a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
Typical deliverables: Individual annual cost savings of $1 million in process, product and manufacturing improvements. On time, on budget delivery of all projects that meet objectives. Support of all manufacturing processes and improvement.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Management
- Manage multiple projects and project schedules while updating project documentation for updates to key leadership
- Lead production feasibility analysis in virtual environments and ensure implementation of digital manufacturing solution.
- Research and facilitate innovative solutions for smart and optimal manufacturing processes.
- Drive specific manufacturing engineering projects
- Analyses production capacity, develop plan to shape manufacturing set-up according to strategy.
- Perform feasibility studies on new plant set-up.
- Rationalize plant layout.
- Support efficiency and improvement programs, in cooperation with Plant Manufacturing Engineering
- Works directly with manufacturing in a team environment for problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- Develop equipment, materials and process performance requirements.Perform vendor searches and equipment evaluation to ensure adequate capability to produce quality product in required quantities at an effective cost.
- Generate capital investment request (IR's) required for new process implementation and controls expenditures to ensure compliance with timing and budget requirements.
Industrialize new products, according to Electrolux EPM process.Project Leader for Industrialization (coordinates activities of Project Engineers & Core Technology Engineers).
- Interface with R&D, Product Line, Quality and Plants for manufacturability analysis.
- Define the Project Master plan with timing and investments.
- Take care of Manufacturing Engineering deliverables for new Product Projects
- Close cooperation with product launch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 7+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 2+ years’ experience managing projects
- Strong computer skills particularly Microsoft Office applications (MS Project, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and demonstrated abilities in Problem Solving, Lean Manufacturing, Waste Elimination, Floor Kaizen and OEE improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of engineering design concepts and practices.
- Problem solving skills and proven ability to solve complex technical issues.
- Strong aptitude for details and data interpretation (Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control).
- Possess the flexibility in reacting to new situations and adaptability for working in a new environment (Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity).
- Strong results orientation and positive "can do" attitude with a sense of urgency to get things done.
- Self-starter; a "hands-on" individual who enjoys challenge and is dedicated to getting the job done with minimal support and direction.
- Collaborative leader and team player.
- Ability to influence people who are not direct reports.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills for negotiating, presenting and resolving complex and controversial issues and responding effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints.
- Schedule project timelines and follow through on all phases including safety, cost, quality and delivery.
- Strong ability to work effectively within time constraints, changing priorities, and independently.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours to support improvement activities