Business Unit – Group Operation/Product Sourcing
Reports To – Project Manager (Product Line Manager)
Your Team/Your Role
· Electrolux content
Electrolux is the world’s leading supplier of consumer durables for indoor and outdoor use. Our operations are global. We sell over 55 millions consumer products annually in more than 150 countries, with the annual sales turnover of 16 billion USD in 2010. Electrolux also sells professional products for indoor and outdoor use throughout the world.
· Brief summary of the role
A key member of the Electrolux Product Sourcing Team, the role of Project Leader is to:
1. Manage multiple projects simultaneously interfacing through cross-functional teams
2. Ensure project on time delivery for responsible projects
3. Ensure consistent compliance of Product Sourcing procedures, global OEM PD process and EPM methodology
4. Ensure good communication with stakeholders internally and externally
5. Manage the potential project risks proactively
6. Implement the purchasing strategies for Finished Goods sourced from the Asia Pacific region
7. Work with supplier to provide smooth supply chain management and minimize delays in projects, to support the global sales markets and product line organizations to ensure the procurement of cost-effective and quality products, and their efficient introduction into the market-place
8. Support other Product Sourcing and internal customer market functions regarding technical aspects of product selection, development, qualification and improvement.
· Am I leading a team (if so, what size) or am I contributing as a part of a larger team?
As an individual, Project Leader will lead cross-functional project teams to achieve the project objectives.
· Brief summary of the team
Product Sourcing PMO team manage new projects throughout the communication and collaboration internally and externally, ensure the projects on time to market with required cost and quality.
A Typical Day
· What will the role involve – 3 main tasks that I will be responsible for?
1. Communicate with the business areas to understand the expectations and build up the project plan
2. Work with the suppliers and Electrolux cross-functional teams to fulfill the project deliverables
3. Monitor the project progress according the project plan and control the deviations and risks
· Any upcoming projects I will be a part of or leading?
Start from FPP APMEA AEG projects and will manage whole China projects
· What are the requirements of the role?
1. Strong communication skills, in order to interface with internal and external business partners
2. Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
3. Outstanding team playing skills
4. Strong organizational skills, which ensure that ideas are converted into deliverable projects and tasks, within agreed time and budget parameters
5. Strong written & spoken English and Chinese Mandarin, Cantonese is a plus
· Which stakeholders will I be engaging with? Internal or external customers?
The project teams and steering committee teams, from the BA, Product Sourcing and the suppliers
· How will I interact with my stakeholders?
Face to face or on line meetings/calls
· How flexible are the working hours?
From 9:00 to 18:00 but will be flexible according the projects
· Is travelling part of the job?
Need to go to the suppliers for critical project activities, also may need to travel abroad to meet the BA teams
Who You Are
· What type of personality do you want to attract?
1. Strong character with good interpersonal skills to work in a multinational and cross functional team, and be capable of driving changes
2. Has the ability to effect change, with a bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with a results-oriented sense of urgency
3. Aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer
4. Energetic, creative, mature, flexible
· Which behaviors are going to be most important to succeed? Think core competences
1. Work efficiently and proactively to deliver results
2. Build trust and good working relationships, communicate effectively with colleagues and cross functions
3. Inspire and influence others to not only share the vision and purpose, but apply their abilities to achieving it
· What technical skills will be required?
1. Project management skills, PMP or Prince 2 certificate is a plus
2. Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Project
3. Product and/or Process knowledge is an advantage
· Any education I should have completed?
Minimum Bachelor’s degree
· Should I have some prior experience?
Minimum 5 years experiences of project management, appliance industry is a plus