Project Manager - Care Product Line
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Project Manager is responsible for management of medium-to-high complexity product development projects within the Care Product Line, in support of the 3-5 year product roadmap and the overall business objectives of the North American sector. You will ensure that development efforts are aligned with the strategic focus of creating a “Best-in-Class consumer experience” in the areas of “Taste, Care & Wellbeing Innovation”, “Quality and Ownership Experience”, and “Star Products with Preferred Partners.”
You will manage cross functional project teams, consisting of representatives from other Electrolux functions and locations, and drive discipline within the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process, with the objectives of speed to market, product quality, costs, and operational efficiency.
- Plans and ensures execution of project deliverables within agreed-upon timing and budget. Composes a schedule and plan for executing the project, including sequencing, identification of dependencies, duration and resource needs, cost estimations, budgeting and control.
- Conducts regular project team meetings. Regularly presents project status reports to Steering Committee, other senior managers, and, when relevant, Program Manager.
- Clearly communicates roles and responsibilities within the project core and extended team.
- Tracks progress against agreed targets. Implements mitigation plan for at-risk items. Submits investment requests. Tracks and manages capital and expenses through close of project.
- Resolves conflicts with capex, schedules, and resources as needed. Elevates issues to management when necessary.
- Promotes culture of “Teamship” and professional accountability among core and extended team members. Communicates vision, promotes goal alignment, provides coaching and feedback for performance management.
- Adhere to the Electrolux Project Management (EPM) process. Utilize EPM Gate software to track and report project progress. Ensure mandatory deliverables are met prior to requesting gate completion. Utilize change management process within EPM.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical BS degree with a minimum of 5 years in project management experience is required. An MBA is preferred.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is preferred.
- Proficient with tools associated with managing new product development activities; Stage-gate development processes, design reviews, resource planning, budget tracking and milestone schedule management.
- Product development, technology/manufacturing and consumer innovation experience/knowledge in a high-volume consumer products environment is preferred.
- Experience to implement connected projects is a plus
- Experience with computer applications is required, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Outlook.