Project Manager, Commercialization
The Project Manager, Commercialization is responsible for the successful project management of the commercialization process for the major appliances segment of the North America business area. The Project Manager is responsible for new product launches, as well as strategic projects for the marketing team. This role owns management of the aforementioned projects from concept to launch, including planning, facilitation, and managing for on-time and on-target delivery across the organization and to the marketplace. Working with and through cross-functional teams; this individual is required to coordinate, validate, audit and communicate project status updates, while signaling obstacles, resolving issues and mitigating risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute project management of commercialization initiatives with the use of Agile methodologies, and web-based project management software such as Workfront.
- Lead the coordination of marketing deliverables across NPI and Star products. Responsible for maintenance of scorecards and dashboards.
- Coordinate and function as main point of contact to run quarterly marketing team meetings.
- Motivate integrated project teams to accomplish their goals.
- Manage multiple complex projects concurrently, including review and refinement of project vision, scope, quality, and requirements.
- Work collaboratively with team leadership to define and implement plans for improvement and to drive results and outcomes.
- Responsible for managing projects on a day-to-day basis, through all phases of planning, administration and support, as well as serving as the primary source of information on active projects.
- Generate timely and appropriate communications to stakeholders, customers and interested executives by collecting, analyzing, distributing, and storing all project documentation, status reports / performance reporting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Manage day-to-day tracking of milestones/deliverables/providing risk assessment/quality control/reporting status, etc.
- Work directly with cross functional teams both internal, external and third-party on allocation and coordination of resource and deliverable needs for key initiatives, and deliverable.
- Allocate and track required resources; communicate status to management, passionately articulate goals to project team.
- Work with team leadership to formulate plans to address issues and opportunities in upcoming milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline required
- 3+ years of experience in project management, including a development environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and web based applications such as Workfront.
- Comprehension of all aspects of creative development and production (management, planning, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, programming/technology, design, art, content management, systems integration, QA) preferred
- Ability to cultivate knowledge in industry-standard trends and best practices in Agile project management.
- Must possess a passion about executing and executing correctly
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems by considering available information, prioritizing and making timely decisions, ability to apply data to spot trends and apply sound risk management principles.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and decision-making skills. Propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously.
- Keen ability to work with others in order to achieve a common goal, resolve conflicts and manage cross-functional and external relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and influence without authority.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects at a time, while performing under pressure