Project & Technical Leader
Project & Technical Leader
Location: Porcia, Italy
Lead the way to the successful completion of the next Home Appliances projects.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich people’s daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in delivering enjoyable and sustainable living. At Electrolux, we shape living for the better.
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
For that, we employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
We are a thriving team of leaders and skilled engineers focused on the next European Tumble Dryers Platform.
For our European R&D Fabric Care Tumble Dryer Platform team within the multicultural Global R&D site of Porcia (Italy), we are looking for a Senior Project Manager who will drive and coordinate different projects and technical initiatives along many Business Area Europe teams and objectives.
In this role you will be responsible for the execution and the reporting of the respective projects and technical activities with the target to respect and manage the given time frame, cost target and quality level. You will work with an enthusiastic and passionate cross-functional team centred on helping to bring the best customer experience in millions of homes.
On A REGULAR DAY AT WORK, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Execute projects in the given time frame, cost target and quality level, from early definition to the approval of production series.
• Participate in all project specs definition and range deployment together with the main stakeholders
• Support Project Portfolio and related Product Development activities within Platform Team
• Be responsible of project investments, timing, and final approval
• Drive problem solving analysis and recovery action plan definition
• Support suppliers’ discussions to solve technical issues
• Take care of all aspects and potential emergencies linked to the project and drive proper escalation to Steering Committee in time, if and when needed (resources availability, unexpected contingencies, gaps to Project targets, etc.)
• Dialogue with and coordinate all relevant Project Functions: Product Line, Marketing, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Financials, Supply Chain, Purchasing, etc.
• Report in Check Point meetings/steering team meetings for related projects
• Support cost reduction, quality improvement, new component and product specifications
• Lead cross functional project teams
• Ensure that new products/projects fit into the platform and subsystem structure
• Ensure test and pilot series within whole R&D and Factory
• Agree on Test Plans and manage preparation of DVT with R&D and MVT with the Factories
• Ensure execution of product & process FMEA, as well as of product Risk Assessment, making use of tools & system the company makes available for the purpose
• Lead projects through lean development principles and quality tools like 6 sigma, FMEA´s and project planning tools
• Ensure standardization and modularization
• Scout for new suppliers and technologies
• Support all activities for Variant creation with local R&D (user manuals, bill of materials, graphics, etc.)
• You are AGILE. You demonstrate acumen, good judgment, decision making and adaptability
• You are OPEN. You don’t hesitate to cross-collaborate and bring outside-in perspective
• You show ENERGY. Ability to take initiative and be proactive.
• You are a Project Manager. You have excellent organizational skills and you can easily move from helicopter view to managing details ensuring project KPIs are fulfilled.
• You are a relationship builder. You like to work in a matrix organization building strong and valid relationships with all the functions in the organization
• You are a team oriented. You work with others having communication skills and respect for cultural diversities.
• You are RESILIENT. Flexible, creative, innovative spirit.
• You are open minded. You challenge the existing status quo. Do not only fix but also bring on new, fresh ideas and willing to travel.
• You are looking for a continuous improvement in all the job areas finding any better ways to do things.
Background & required experience:
• Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred, other Engineering bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in R&D function.
• 5 years of experience in Project Management or technical leadership.
• CAE knowledge (mainly FEM structural), fluid dynamic, metal forming, moulding, thermal analysis is a plus.
• Knowledge of new parts’ basic approval methodologies and Product Certification requirements for main geographical areas (EU, NA, etc.).
• Basic knowledge of 3D design tool (CATIA is preferred).
• Basic knowledge of thermodynamics.
• Basic Knowledge of 6 sigma, lean development, agile development
• Basic Knowledge of main manufacturing processes (metal forming, injection moulding, die-casting) and assembling phase.
• Basic Knowledge of FMEA and Risk Assessment methodologies
• Basic knowledge of product cost structure & financial principles (DM, DL, F-OH, fixed & variable costs, Ebit %, etc.)
• Basic experience in dealing with suppliers of components realized with (and utilized for) extremely high production volumes.
• Fluent English (spoken and written)
• Italian language would be a plus
Please submit your CV in English
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2020 Electrolux had sales of SEK 116 billion and employed 48,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.