Purchasing and Sourcing Intern (Spring 2021)
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The purchasing intern program gives a unique introduction to Ownership Solutions and allows you to participate in the fast-paced world of the aftermarket appliance industry. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience. Participation will allow you to learn day to day purchasing service delivery within an operations environment and gain knowledge through special projects.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas procurement and anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path. This internship will provide support for the business and the distribution center while encouraging learning participation through hands on experience under guidance or input from others.
- Assist in supporting various purchasing activities; request for quotes, tool moves and asset management
- Assist in supporting the transition of product lines to new facilities
- Expedite open purchase orders to minimize back orders
- Perform set up of new part numbers in SAP to include info records, source list and attaching of original request to master record
- Support department via quoting requests
- Responsible for performing tasks using Purchasing applications and procedures in an office environment
- Assisting Purchasing and operations staff with various project duties, specific assignments and project work will vary
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program; Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred
- Graduate date of May 2021 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
- Familiarity with supply chain (T&W, lead-times, inventory, cost inputs, etc.)