Purchasing and Sourcing Specialist
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
You will source and secure required components and materials to support the best-in-class availability of after-market parts and accessories at the lowest total delivered cost to Electrolux and its customers. This is a strategic role that requires cross collaboration, expansive ideas and also close attention to detail. You will also lead the implementation of projects to deliver cost savings in the sourcing of required materials and components needed to support after-market parts and accessories across our cooking, fabric care, dish care, and refrigeration product lines.
As the Purchasing and Sourcing Specialist, you will develop and execute strategies to deliver cost savings and secure availability of consumables, accessories and spare parts in order to exceed OS business targets and support next generation growth plans. You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as OS Marketing, OS Product Lines, OS Sales, Legal and Major Appliances Purchasing and Engineering teams to supports new product launches, implement cost out projects and align OS purchasing team on global commodity trends.
- Review and analyze supply base to identify cost-out opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Support the sourcing needs of new aftermarket consumables and accessories by interviewing and conferring with prospective suppliers to determine supplier capabilities, negotiate prices, delivery terms, and ensure best-in-class total cost sourcing solutions.
- Partner with, and support initiatives and directives of, Electrolux Major Appliances North America (EMA-NA) commodity, global commodity, product line, sales, engineering, publications, and other teams toward best-in-class quality, delivery, and cost.
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, and cost metrics to develop and engage for improvement.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation.
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop / deliver on actionable objectives.
- Internalize EMA policies and practices, and successfully communicate and enforce with suppliers as well as internal resources to deliver on EMA strategic objectives.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- BA/BS degree in Business or Engineering
- 4 years of progressive responsibility in Purchasing
- Demonstrated success in year-over-year material cost reduction projects
- Experience with contract manufacturing vendors
- Strong analytical and financial acumen to include should-cost modeling
- Basic knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings of component parts
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Experience in project leadership
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP systems, etc)
- Strong familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
- Experience in strategic sourcing and supplier development
- Understanding of cross-border shipment laws, tariffs, taxation and time frames
- Familiarity with supply chain and material flow (lead-times, tier-2 vendors, etc)