Purchasing & Sourcing
Our future is determined by the way we all live
our lives. That’s why we strive to improve everyday life for millions of people
and the world around us. It is embodied in everything we do. In every idea,
every product and every human interaction.
At Electrolux, we believe that outstanding taste experiences should be easy for everyone. That there is always a better way to care for our clothes to make them look and feel new longer. That the home should be a place for wellbeing, a place to care for ourselves and our loved ones.
To succeed, we continuously rethink and improve our ways of working – internally, and together with our customers and partners.
By creating desirable solutions and great experiences that enrich peoples’ daily lives and the health of our planet, we want to be a driving force in defining enjoyable and sustainable living.
This is us – at Electrolux we shape living for the better.
Purchasing is responsible for sourcing and driving continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, customs and compliance teams. More than 75% of the company’s product costs are handled by Purchasing. Its aim is to be a world-class organization that continuously contributes to the company’s strong drive for innovative products and service solutions at the best cost.
Purchasing focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external stakeholders globally, and leveraging Electrolux size to ensure the lowest total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased in any part of the world. Our department includes roles in purchasing, supplier quality and development, data analysis, commodity management, and project management.
Gain valuable experience, begin your career development and build an in-depth knowledge of purchasing while getting an introduction to our collaborative, fun and engaging culture.
Intern assignments will vary, but projects will focus on product cost analysis, supplier quality, process improvement, strategic sourcing and project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an innovative team working toward visionary goals. As a Purchasing Intern, you'll take the lead as you…
- Analyze big data, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implement and track results
- Lead initiatives to simplify and automate reporting capabilities in order to expand coverage and drive continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, Customs and compliance teams
- Business Intelligence: Develop and maintain reports and tools to assist the Purchasing team to track performance and improve their business decision making process
- Receive both leadership and technical focused training to enhance your skillset
- Establish and maintain an open path of communication with leaders and team members
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Operations or related field
- Sophomore class standing or entering Junior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a university's co-op program and must be able to commit to 3 rotational semesters
- Must be able to begin in either Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport; establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong analytical skills in Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses