Purchasing Co-Op (Fall 2021)
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Purchasing is responsible for sourcing and driving continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, customs and compliance teams. More than 75% of the company’s product costs are handled by Purchasing. Its aim is to be a world-class organization that continuously contributes to the company’s strong drive for innovative products and service solutions at the best cost.
focuses on functional excellence, strong collaborations with internal and external
stakeholders globally, and leveraging Electrolux size to ensure the lowest
total cost of ownership for materials and services purchased in any part of the
world. Our department includes roles in purchasing, supplier quality and
development, data analysis, commodity management, and project management. You
will gain valuable experience, begin your career development and build an
in-depth knowledge of purchasing while getting an introduction to our
collaborative, fun and engaging culture.
Intern assignments will vary, but projects will focus on product cost analysis, supplier quality, process improvement, strategic sourcing and project management.
- Analyze big data, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implement and track results
- Lead initiatives to simplify and automate reporting capabilities in order to expand coverage and drive continuous improvement for the direct material, indirect material, spare parts, supplier quality, Customs and compliance teams
- Business Intelligence: Develop and maintain reports and tools to assist the Purchasing team to track performance and improve their business decision making process
- Receive both leadership and technical focused training to enhance your skillset
- Establish and maintain an open path of communication with leaders and team members
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned by manager
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Junior class standing or entering Junior year; G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher (MBA candidates strongly encouraged to apply)
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking with enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong analytical skills in Excel