Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
This position will have primary responsibility for sourcing and secure required materials and component parts needed to produce fabric care products at lowest total systems cost.
- Attend staff meetings and report daily issues within purchasing, communicate relevant plant information to the team.
- Supervise/coach Jr. buyers.
- Coordinate FC plant purchasing meetings/present monthly updates to the rest of the departments.
- Attend EC meetings and support with project implementation.
- Coordinate new suppliers / parts and engineering changes with Materials, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and external suppliers.
- Responsible for supplier selection, negotiations with suppliers involving price, quality, delivery, payment terms, etc. that meet products requirements in terms of year over year total cost goals.
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing externally to suppliers and sell ideas and strategies internally.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and handle fast paced critical work environment.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce Electrolux Major Appliance’s policy as it pertains to supplier and internal issue.
- Meet all ISO 9001/14001 requirements applied.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience with demonstrated professional growth.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering drawings.
- Expertise in supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills including year over year cost reductions as well as negotiating complex business issues and risk assessment.
- Understanding of Global Purchasing markets (Asia, Mexico, South America, China and Eastern Europe)
- Material flow process knowledge) transportations, lead times, tier 2 supply, etc.)
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross functional teams.
- Analytical ability.
- Internal and external conflict resolution skills.
- Personal computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and mainframe operations procurement related software.
- Basic knowledge of purchasing/accounting processes.