Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of
the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty
is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand
Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position leads the OS purchasing organization and provides and operational leadership to the Leadership Team. The OS Purchasing Manager is responsible for optimizing direct material cost and productivity.
This role will closely follow the evolution of the external market in the areas procurement and anticipate and translate these dynamics into recommendations for Electrolux, helping drive the Ownership Solutions organization on its growth path.
Typical Day at Work:
The Ownership Solutions Purchasing Manager is responsible for; optimize direct material cost and productivity. Also, continue to develop flexible supply chain solutions to support business opportunities. Ensure component availability for Electrolux’s North American aftermarket operations through effective negotiations, cross-functional collaboration, working capital management, strategic management of a complex global supply base, and effective leadership.
- Design and execute on Ownership Solutions (OS) Purchasing initiatives, policies, tools, procedures, training, and team development to deliver continuous improvement
- Regularly analyze supplier quality, delivery, cost, and value metrics; utilize the results to develop opportunities and engage for improvement
- Interview and confer with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, negotiate costs and delivery terms, and ensure best-in-class availability
- Prepare, solicit, collect, analyze, and negotiate requests for quotation and optimize the supply base with respect to cost, quality, delivery, and value competitiveness
- Engage the OS Purchasing team in appropriate development, training, and continuing education to drive best-in-class performance
- Lead and direct the OS Purchasing team
- Rationalize the aftermarket offering through substitution of high-cost, low-demand components to lower-cost, high-availability functional equivalents
- Provide proactive feedback to internal and external suppliers and customers, improving the value of the OS operation
- Establish and maintain a broad network of cross-functional contacts
- Drive re-sourcing, re-design, and substitution/consolidation of components to enhance value, reduce material cost, or otherwise improve the aftermarket offering
- Cost reduction idea generation, prioritization, and execution using various techniques including reverse engineering, service call ride-alongs, and product tear downs
- Manage multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, resolve problems, meet deadlines and performance objectives, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Identify and implement best practices for OS Purchasing
- Maintain, update, and ensure adherence to group and team policies and procedures.
- Analyze, identify, and deliver on cost savings opportunities and process improvements
- Functional subject matter expert regarding OS Purchasing matters
- Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree. Business, Supply Chain, or Engineering preferred.
- 5 years Purchasing and Supply Chain experience. Manufacturer aftermarket experience preferred.
- Team leadership experience.
- Ability to travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP systems, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with purchasing and accounting processes
- Experience in strategic sourcing and supplier development
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- High level of creative problem solving aptitude
- Familiarity with supply chain (T&W, lead-times, inventory, cost inputs, etc.)
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a dynamic environment.
WHO YOU ARE:
Customer-Centric Mindset/Powerful Communicator/Master of Priorities & Motivation
- You demonstrate excellent influencing, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to articulate a clear vision and represent it convincingly.
- You demonstrate the experience and high character to thrive in a collaborative environment of collegiality and accountability, and demonstrate the ability to lead in a large-scale, complex environment, in a diplomatic yet assertive style
- You have a proven record of accomplishment implementing new processes, technologies or related systems leading to a significant increase in performance or business impact.
- You have been successful developing and implementing performance-driven initiatives, changing cultures and driving results.
- You have a background developing and implementing appropriate standard controls and methodology to manage costs.
- You have a flexible personal style and ability to balance an effective process orientation with a strong appreciation for deliverables and a keen awareness of the necessity for quick and decisive action in a fast-paced environment.
DESIRED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
- Energy: Inspires and engages people while fostering a culture of
accountability and ownership. Drives and
delivers business results in a short and long-term perspective.
leveraging on diversity and open feedback. Keeps the end consumer and customers in mind through an outside-in
Analyzes and adapts to different people and situations,
remaining composed during ambiguity. Quickly
understands and reacts to changes and takes decisions despite instabilities and
Develops talents and
learns new skills beyond own business needs. Explores new business ideas and continuously improves to build core
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to walk
and sit. The employee is occasionally
required to stand. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
of the job.
position works in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional
travel is required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the job. Dynamic landscape.
This position requires over 50% communication with internal & external stakeholders. This position requires the employee to communicate with external vendors on a regular basis.