Purchasing & Sourcing
Take the Floor Care products to the next level with the best-in-class suppliers
Electrolux is a leading global appliance company that has shaped living for the better for more than 100 years. We reinvent taste, care and wellbeing experiences for millions of people, always striving to be at the forefront of sustainability in society through our solutions and operations. Under our brands, including Electrolux, AEG and Frigidaire, we sell approximately 60 million household products in approximately 120 markets every year. In 2019 Electrolux had sales of SEK 119 billion and employed 49,000 people around the world.
Within the Global Sourcing Organization (GSO) you will have an important role in the process of bringing our new products to life and, therefore, in the houses of millions of people. In this specific role you can bring your purchasing expertise to ensure we have the best-in-class components for our Floor Care product line.
Innovation, sustainability, ethics, continuous improvement, are for us core values that drive our activities. We operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on our well-developed social capabilities and good set of technical or financial skills to get us through the day.
Location: Stockholm or Budapest
As Purchasing Manager you have the responsibility to:
- Manage the Floor Care key components European base suppliers;
- To actively participate in Direct Material Components development projects for New Products Introduction with OEM/OTS Suppliers;
- Product quality, competitive product cost, continuity of supply, capacity flexibility and delivery performance are key factors to success;
- Drive total cost ownership and continuous cost reduction with suppliers;
- Survey and certify new suppliers in conjunction with Commodity Manager, Quality, R&D and Operations. Audit supplier conformance to quality, capacity and cost commitments.
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional team to support on-time launch of projects;
- Curious; you have the ability to effect change, with a bias for action and the fortitude to challenge the status quo with a results-oriented approach;
- Proactive; you take initiatives and you know when to take some risks;
- Good listener and communicator; you are able to build strong relationship with stakeholders at different levels of seniority and with different departments;
- Organized and Result driven; creative ideas are converted into deliverable projects and tasks
- Open minded; you are aware of cultural differences and you are ready to build relationships worldwide with internal and external stakeholders;
- Flexible; you are ready to travel to meet your stakeholders whenever needed;
Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years of sourcing or sales experience in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical and Chemical; with strong understanding of purchasing processes;
- Knowledge of Supply Chain and Quality systems, with the ability to support and effect change within both fields, an asset;
- Must be available for regular travel throughout Europe, with additional travel across Asia Pacific;
- Fluent in English;
Associate Purchasing Director, Global Commodity and Direct Materials Purchasing, GSO