Purchasing Manager - Logistics
Purchasing & Sourcing
This position is responsible to support all aspects of the Inbound Logistics activities and strategy and to align and create buy-in from internal stakeholders/customers at a sector and global level. This position will work hand-in-hand with mentors, local operations teams, Global Logistics and supply chain engineers to design, implement, and maintain best in class Inbound Logistics solutions. Develop and maintain a network of service providers and be responsible to foster the relationship while engaging them on the best opportunities for our mutual success. Will need to work with the Outbound Team to leverage and find synergies between both areas and will work on process and procedures to identify efficiencies in the Inbound Supply Chain. Will work with the Global Logistics (Ocean and Airfreight), to create seamless and efficient flows on the overall inbound flows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the definition and implementation of the overall strategy where applicable for the Business Area.
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors).
- Represents the Business Area in the global category meetings.
- Develops and implements sourcing activities.
- Leads internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and helps to control the ongoing monthly costs by monitoring the expenses and comparing them to the contractual obligations.
- Evaluates and renews contracts by identifying and prioritizing opportunities for reduction of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Handle and analyse large data files.
- Prepares and leads fact based negotiation and supplier selection.
- Participates in pricing negotiation processes and uses creative ways to drive costs down through the establishment of long term agreements.
- Reviews vendor agreements to ensure commercial terms meet the needs of the business activity and liabilities are approved by the legal department.
- Leads contract implementation through local indirect purchasers and resolves important issues.
Manages/evaluates contract compliance, data management and supplier performance and takes necessary corrective
- Coordinates and co-leads Logistics Purchasing Projects in cross collaboration with all NA Business Area Industrial
- Operations stakeholders across all factories (i.e. VMI / Bounded WH’s, 3PL 4 PL Management, Returnable Packaging, Ex-Work, etc.).
- Develops procurement strategies to support alignment with stakeholder and business requirements.
- Defines and leads cross-functional sourcing teams.
- Provide team members with direction and support throughout the steps and activities of the strategic sourcing process, applying appropriate and defined methodology and tools.
- Manage and facilitate the collaboration within the cross-functional sourcing team.
- Manages relationships / partnership with internal stakeholders during projects.
- Develops and manages relationship / collaborates with suppliers and track their performance.
- Define and implement supplier performance evaluation model aligned with the SC KPI’s.
- Collaborate with contract managers for supplier management activities in accordance to the supplier performance evaluation model.
- Resolve supplier performance issues.
- Lead supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost.
- Initiate supplier audits.
- Identify potential contract improvement opportunities & re-negotiations.
- Aligns with local stakeholders in order to implement contract and ensure contract compliance.
- Define and implement contract framework.
- Track key performance indicators regarding contract compliance.
- Create Service Level Agreements to mitigate business impacts vendor accountability.
- Develop vendor Long Term Agreements to drive year over year cost productivity improvements.
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, business, logistics, or other related field, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant, progressive strategic sourcing, category management or equivalent leadership experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven Track record of delivering significant cost reductions.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders in global locations and at various levels.
- Outstanding leadership skills including leading supplier resources and cross-functional teams.
- Extensive knowledge of the purchasing environment for Logistics & Transportation with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies and implement changes.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact based negotiations and cross functional team collaboration).
- Knowledge of logistics and the ability to integrate supply chain components.
- Distribution and carrier management knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage strategic supplier relationships, including relationship building, performance, development and integration.
- Knowledge of supplier processes and cost drivers.
- Results-oriented and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport and establish and maintain good working relationships cross-functionally.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet goals and deliver results quickly.
- Initiative in solving problems and creating and implementing proactive responses.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Some travel will be required (up to 30%)