Purchasing Project Manager
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
This position reports to the Global Program Manager, you will work within a cross functional project team to meet the key deliverables of the project. Using Value Based Sourcing principles, you will promote early supplier involvement to drive cross functional collaboration and achievement of cost, quality, and schedule requirements.
- Represent Purchasing on the project team and own all related project deliverables.
- Attend project review meetings and communicate relevant information within Purchasing.
- Monitor and take action to ensure project schedule is met.
- Participate and prepare for project checkpoints, ensuring all deliverables are achieved on time.
- Track the project progress, sourcing status, and other relevant information through a data-driven sourcing tool.
- Work with the Category Management team to understand and deploy category strategy within project.
- Support and coordinate RFQ’s, in cooperation with Category Management team.
- Support and coordinate negotiations and supplier business awards, in cooperation with Category Management team.
- Support preparations for Sourcing Board, in cooperation with Category Management team.
- Participate in Make vs Buy analysis to optimize product and operation costs.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering and/or have specialties in project management.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant purchasing or project management roles.
- You can execute strategic initiatives that drive performance and have experience leading complex projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with diverse individuals in cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Cost Modeling and Data Mining.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to generate effective reports that manage large data sets.
- An expectant, positive, proactive attitude and ‘can do’ spirit to drive change and can demonstrate a history of driving for higher business performance in a fast-paced environment.
- Capable of setting priorities, meeting deadlines with strong initiative and decision making, problem solving and analytical skills, with attention to details and accuracy
- Exceptionally strong work ethic, high integrity, judgement, and transparency and you inspire the same in others.
- Some travel may be required; up to 25%
- Fluent in English.