Purchasing Specialist, Group Metals Transformation
Purchasing & Sourcing
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Within the Group Purchasing Organization, Group Mechanical Purchasing has the key responsibility of awarding businesses, in close collaboration with the Group Product Lines. The Purchasing Specialist will support the Group Lead Category Manager and Business Area Category Managers in the development & execution of a category strategy based around the Value Based Sourcing approach with deep and early engagement with suppliers, R&D and other cross functional stakeholders. We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity. You will focus on future interests in political and economic evolution, curiosity to explore the opportunities of the new world trends in sustainability, Internet-of-things, digitization and innovative ideas/solutions
- Drive data analytics within the relevant categories, identify opportunities for improvement, make recommendations, lead projects to implementation and track results
- Coordinate, develop and consolidate Cost Modeling data across the team to assure accuracy and best practice sharing
- Develop a good relationship with key peers (Purchasing ,Quality, Product Line, R&D, Design, Operations) and actively contribute in meetings, projects and events
- Foster innovation input from suppliers and promote it into Electrolux organization
- Maximize buying efficiency, minimize supply disruption, and financial risks for the Business Area
- Able to analyze a massive amount of data, identify relevant information or trends within the data, develop conclusions that could lead to improved business decisions and organize the relevant data in a way that is easy for the customer to understand and utilize
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- University degree (Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineer or Economics background is an asset)
- Minimum 6 months experience with data analysis and data mining
- Minimum 6 months experience with Cost Modeling general understanding of concepts
- Experience in adjacent disciplines as manufacturing, research and development is preferred
- Must be advanced user of Excel, Experience with PowerPoint, along with good presentation & communication skills