Purchasing Specialist - Plastic Transformation
Purchasing & Sourcing
Shape better ways of buying.Shape better ways of living.
Within the Global Purchasing
Organization, the Purchasing Specialist has the key responsibility of awarding new
businesses, in close collaboration with the Global Product Lines Purchasing.
Our mission is to ensure the award of businesses to the best suppliers through project negotiations, using advanced tools as refined cost models , Supplier Development methodologies, etc… fulfilling the targets of cost, quality and flexibility.
We operate in all the regions (Business Areas) with a panel of international suppliers engaging them with our internal business partners as: Sales, R&D, Quality, Manufacturing & Engineering, Product Line, Marketing, Finance etc.
We rely on building strong cooperation. We focus on innovation, quality and development of long-term relationships with our strategic suppliers. Sustainability and continuous improvement are the elements that are underpinning our activity.
As we operate in a dynamic, international and competitive environment, we count on well-developped social, technical, and financial skills to meet / exceed business objectives. This position will provide excellent growth opportunity with significant and highly visible value creation responsibilities.
A regular day at work
You will be responsible for providing collaborative knowledge to the Product Lines Purchasing and Business Area Purchasing to ensure on-time project execution & implementation of category strategies.
The main responsibilities are:
- Category ownership for the materials and components included in the category;
- Work with Product Line Purchasing and Business - Area Purchasing to build and deploy a category strategy that aligns all Product Line and Business Areas requirements.
- Leverage and promote complexity reduction, simplification, modularization, cost performance and innovation driving (Supplier Development, Sourcing Decisions in close collaboration with the Product Line Purchasing and key stakeholders, LTA negotiations, Suppliers Selection/ Portfolio Management, Cost Modeling analysis, Innovation Prospection & Sustainability change agent).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and retain strong supplier relationships with extensive negotiation skills.
- Develop the expertise in continuous improvement of sourcing methods, tooling capability understanding, deep knowledge of the supplier industrial process, financial situation.
- Responsible for data research, analytics, and management of direct material category strategies.
- Support the development of annual budgets and 5 year strategic plans for the Business Area identifying opportunities and risks.
- Lead internal and external analysis (industry & supplier) as a member of a cross-functional sourcing team.
- Support RFQ and other strategic sourcing activities.
- Evaluate contractual agreement terms to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the implementation and expansion payment terms (NOWC).
- Support Program Management on new model Launches and platform refresh programs.
Who You Are
- Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone you can rely information and listen to understand and deal with suppliers capabilities and performance.
- A strategic-thinker. You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
- Influential. You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Finance, Business Management, or Equivalent.
- Solid and relevant, progressive strategic sourcing and category management experience.
- Proven Track record of managing and delivering cost reductions, innovation, and overal value creation.
- Experience and knowledge of the purchasing environment for the commodities managed with the capability to analyze business procurement issues, recommend solutions and strategies, and implement change.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application.
- Strong knowledge of direct material categories.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Expert in Microsoft Excel preffered.
- Some travel will be required (up to 30%).
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.