This position represents the highest Purchasing rank in the Country/Region. Therefore, this position has the challenge to support the GM/Business Leader of the region and to ensure that all business needs are appropriately sourced and procured timely and in compliance with best practices and policies through strong global and sector collaboration within the Purchasing organization.
A regular day at work
The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for managing the complete activities of the Purchasing Operations Organization within an assigned Country or area of responsibility. The main activities and objectives include:
- Indirect Material, Services and Transports: Full responsibility for coordinating the Purchasing activities, assigned/delegated categories of Indirect Material, Services and Transports in the country/region, aligned with Sector/Global Guidelines;
- Industrial Operation (IndOp): Supporting and speeding up supply, quality and process problems resolution, in order to avoid disruption free production on Factory;
- Business Support and Team Management.
As part of the culture of continuous improvement, you will be involved in Lean Thinking projects and activities (EMS/C2W).
Who You Are
- Communicative. Whether face-to-face or on the phone you can rely information and listen to understand and deal with suppliers capabilities and performance.
- Self-starting. With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
- A leader. You have a vision and a purpose, and you can inspire and influence others to not only share it, but apply their abilities to achieving it.
- A strategic-thinker. You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
- Influential. You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
Education & Experience
- Advanced qualifications, preferably in Engineering, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or other relevant discipline;
- Master Degree (MBA) in Negotiations, Purchasing, and Administration is a differential;
- Solid experience with Purchasing / Negotiation in multinational companies;
- Solid experience managing teams, multi-cultural people constantly assigned on strategic sourcing projects;
- Deep understanding and knowledge of internal customers within region;
- Consistent and Strong skills on Purchasing, Negotiation, Supplier Relationship Management areas;
- Advanced English.
As part of Electrolux, we will continuously invest in you and your development. There are no barriers to where your career could take you.