Purchasing VA/VE Engineer
Purchasing & Sourcing
Join a team of highly engaged professionals who are part of the Ownership Solutions (OS) organization at Electrolux. Driving Brand Loyalty is the OS mission and this position is a critical link to promoting Brand Loyalty among Electrolux customers by providing them with an effortless experience.
The individual in this position Responsible for collaborating with vendors, purchasing colleagues, engineers, and cross-functional teams to support the development of optimal service support at a lower total cost. This position will drive cost out activities, part standardization, supplier rationalization, supply chain delivery, quality, and overall part availability. This is a strategic role that requires cross collaboration, expansive ideas and also close attention to detail.
The individual in this position will also lead the implementation of projects to deliver cost savings in the sourcing of required materials and components needed to support after-market parts and accessories across our cooking, fabric care, dish care, and refrigeration product lines.
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK:
As the Purchasing Continues
Improvement & VA/VE Engineer, you will develop and execute strategies to reduce
complexity, drive part and supplier standardization, deliver cost savings and
secure part availability of consumables, accessories and spare parts.
You will work in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, such as product line engineering and purchasing teams, OS product line and OS sales, to implement cost out and standardization projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Review and analyze supply base to identify cost-out opportunities; lead cross-functional and remotely located teams to implement and realize improvements
- Support the rationalization of service parts through substitution of high-cost, low-demand components to lower-cost, high availability functional equivalents.
- Provide technical support to capitalize on continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts
- Provide technical support for sourcing and supplier related activities
- Responsible for investigating alternative materials, processes, and technologies, and their implementation into the business.
- Research opportunities for part and/or supplier consolidation
- Prepare, maintain, drive, and report on project schedules
- Establish effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively and tactfully communicate verbally and in writing with external suppliers as well as internal resources to successfully sell initiatives and develop/deliver on actionable objectives.
- BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a technical field – preferred experience in operations, continuous improvement, manufacturing, purchasing, or quality
- Experience with and the ability to thoroughly understand engineering drawings
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, mechanical components, supply chain logistics, material flow, and value engineering
- Strong analytical and technical skills to support actionable objectives and provide data driven results
- Personal computer skills (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, AS400, MRP, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Six Sigma green belt or equivalent training
- Experience in Lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement practices