Quality and Repair Operator, Door Foam, Anderson, SC, 3rd Shift
Is responsible for supporting team leader in driving quality & scrap improvements in door foam area. This includes identifying good vs bad product, minimizing defective products being built (following Quality Control Plans) and working with feeder groups to drive root cause. Will also be responsible for minimizing scrap in area and performing repairs on product that can be repaired.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply product acceptance and/or reject criteria based on quality standards.
- Able to apply process and product knowledge in determination of good/bad characteristics that are not currently defined per instructions.
- Dispose product in process and/or finished good product based on product classification and data analysis.
- Ability to rework product where applicable. Work with quality department to develop new / improved repair techniques.
- Responsible to fill out different forms and reports to quality / scrap performance.
- Support team leader and supervisor in RCCM projects to improve quality performance through-out the year.
- Will be designated backup team leader in the absence of the team leader.
- Perform additional duties as assigned my shift supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE SKILL SET AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to cross train and perform all tasks / workstations in assigned area.
- Knowledge to recognize defects from other areas.
- Good communication skills with other areas on defects and with Team Members and Production Supervisor.
- Able to work with team leader, process techs and other area leaders to drive improvements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain tugger license.
- Must be fluent in computer use, specifically Microsoft Excel.
- Six months working in the production line or equivalent experience.
- Less than 4 attendance points.
- Able to fill different forms and reports and analyze data.
- Good communication skills to both communicate results of inspections and activities clearly and to be able to rapidly integrate input from Maintenance, Engineering, Quality, and Operations on developing product and process standards.
- Basic computer skills to input data into spreadsheets (excel) and/or databases (Access/MES).
- High School Diploma required / Associate degree diploma is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate small tools. The employee is required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.