Quality Director - OEM Products
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will be responsible for continuous improvement of Product Quality, driving all cross functional activities needed to ensure Quality is a defining reason why consumers choose our products. With specific focus on OEM/ODM sourced product, the primary objectives are to ensure all sourced products deliver a Best in Class Consumer Experience in terms of quality, performance and reliability and Fit Feel and Finish. You will be responsible to define KPI targets for the OEM/ODM products and develop / execute strategy to meet or exceed the targets. You will also ensure quality improvements in New Product Introduction being part of the steering Committee during NPI (New Product Introduction process) Gate Reviews and partner with GSO and Product Line Quality to ensure effective usage of all Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools & Techniques including: FRACAS, DFMEA & PFMEA, PSRA, process control plan and all elements of the PPAP process for all new product launches.
- Evaluate and contribute to Engineering Change Management Program (ECR/ECN). Develop and execute strategy to ensure Change management process rigors are maintained and continually improved.
- Continuously ensuring and leading initiatives for Product Quality Improvements opportunities, in collaboration with GSO, R&D, EGD, PL, Purchasing, Operations, Service & Warranty, & Ownership Solutions
- Review and contribute to testing reliability, verification, and validation test protocols. Lead planning and execution of field test process for NPI programs leading to product & process quality improvements
- Derive and execute corrective actions regarding new opportunities and deviations, capture inputs from Consumer Care & Consumer Star Ratings and Quality System Data
- Continuously act to improve SCR, Consumer Star Ratings and Perceived Quality, and act to reduce Warranty Costs
- Promote and facilitate best practices across product lines and sectors and contribute to definition of common rules and methodologies
- Strategic planning to establish KPI goals and objectives, and execution of plans to meet or exceed established goals as well as applying and implement rules and methodologies as defined by Global Quality
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
- Minimum 10 in a quality role with increasing responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with APQP
- Minimum 5 years experience with management systems such as Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing ISO9000
- Minimum 5 years experience with Continuous improvement and Project management expertise
- Multicultural experience preferred