Quality Engineer - 2nd Shift
Champion the quality that people want to bring home.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK:
The Quality Engineer is responsible for all quality functions within the assigned manufacturing area. This includes representing quality within all steps of the product realization process. This includes implementing and continually improving the product and process quality plan to guarantee the product is produced in accordance with all customer/consumer requirements, leading and participating on area teams on problem solving and continual improvement activities, and being the quality representative supporting the introduction of new products and current product or process changes.
- Develop and implement quality management systems and processes in assigned manufacturing areas
- Lead, supervise, and develop QA personnel in assigned area/shift
- Analyze product and process information to identify continual improvement opportunities
- Leading and participating on business unit teams in problem solving and continual improvement activities
- Develop and implement needed inspection methods
- Lead the team in application of APQP tools (PFD, FMEA, Control Plan, GRR, MSA, etc.) for process improvement and development of both current product and proposed process and product changes
- Utilize SPC in the improvement of processes to improve capability of product/process CTQs.
- Ensure product designs are within the enterprise’s process capabilities and initiate action to improve the process or acquire more capable equipment
- Lead the investigation into internal and external customer quality issues with robust problem solving techniques
- Work directly with other departments to ensure product performance and quality conformance
WHO YOU ARE
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels
- You want to know everything about everything
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical field preferred
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience operating in a mature ISO 9001 / QS 9000 / TS-16949 quality system
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with the APQP / PPAP process, including FMEA, Special Characteristic identification, Control Plans, MSA/GRR, FRACAS, Fishbone and requirements management using QFD.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse team environment across a matrix organization
- Travel as required
- Six Sigma experience and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer designation preferred