A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
Responsible for providing technical support while working with a cross-functional team of talented and dedicated professionals striving to achieve a world class-manufacturing environment. Primary goals will be to support the quality system, drive continuous improvement in process capability, product manufacturability and quality while reducing overall costs. Activities will include Process and Quality Improvement activities to ensure quality and reliability of the manufacturing processes. This person will work with a high degree of independence and may provide direct or indirect supervision to others in the accomplishment of accountabilities.
- Participates in process and quality improvement activities to ensure quality and reliability of the manufacturing process
- Document and train quality and manufacturing personnel on quality concepts and methods and on new processes and/or process improvements
- Resolve supplier quality and/or process issues to include testing and auditing of such systems to prevent reoccurrence
- Evaluate methods to “poke-yoke” assembly processes with manufacturing engineering to facilitate assembly and prevent quality issues from occurring
- Monitor and reduce quality costs for both internal and external supplier failure modes
- Work closely with procurement, suppliers, and manufacturing to assure any new component or component change is executed without any quality impact to the product and/or manufacturing process
- Work with design and manufacturing engineering to qualify new product/processes, problem solving, buy-in and support of new processes.
- May direct, manage, and lead the activities of inspectors and technicians in the consistent application of discipline and control resources, processes and ensure adherence to company policies
- Participates as a leader/team member of Lean manufacturing, 5’s, Six Sigma and Kaizen initiatives and projects on multi-disciplinary teams for corrective and preventive action
- Implement and deploy departmental process control plans, P/FMEA’s and establish statistical process control and methods to monitor critical to quality processes
- Lead and participate in projects on Key Business drivers and cost reduction programs as well as quality improvement teams based on NRFT, SCR, scrap results and customer inputs
- Support transfer of product and processes from US to Mexico manufacturing facilities
- Actively participate in the quality system implementation and internal quality audits as a lead auditor
- May perform additional duties as assigned
- Everything concerning about ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- BS Engineering or equivalent (Industrial, Electromechanical, Chemical or Electronic).
- 3 years minimum experience in the Quality profession.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to write reports and procedure manuals, as well as to effectively present information.
- Ability to effectively utilize application software, word processing, spreadsheets and specialized application software packages (ie, Minitab).
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented coupled with strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Travel up to 20% possible.
- English skills 80%.
- Preferred Appliance Experience (Laundry and/or Refrigeration) and past supervisory experience a plus.