Quality Manager PL Care MEA
Manager PL Care is a key position for Electrolux Major Appliances within APAC +
MEA as the business grows.
The position is responsible for leading the responsible Product Line – Care include Fabric Care and Dish Care for both OEM and Internal products on quality improvement activities in APAC MEA, work for engaging all associated departments through triangle forum to actively drive and participate in all required activities related to: *) manage the APAC MEA new projects to achieve “on quality, one time and on cost”, **) achieve the necessary improvement in Quality. The ambition is to enable all individuals in triangle team to contribute to create value via new Project developments and Quality Improve as experienced by our consumers.
For product line of Care, this position is responsible to lead disciplined process application across APAC + MEA, and quality governance and competence in all Product Development projects, using the “red flags” tool if necessary. It is also responsible to ensure constant review of validation of test protocols (robustness, consumer expectations), aiming to promote and facilitate introduction of New Products with lower SCR and better performances from a Consumer Star Rating with lower Warranty Cost. The activity will require a strict coordination between the Sector PMO and Quality Improvement requirements with Product Line and Owner Ship Solution team, and the Sector Functions - R&D, Industrial Operations, Purchasing, & Finance. Coordination will also be required with the Global and Sector Quality improvement programs.
A Typical day
- Implementation of the PMO and Quality Continuous Improvement program ensuring achievement of defined product quality projects, product quality, product safety, sustainability and related cost structure objectives in Major Appliances Asia Pacific and Middle East and South Africa.
- Implementation of the strategic direction on prevention of failure, lesson learn and continuous improvement program from the Global and Sector Product Line, and Quality.
- To Identify and report deviations from Quality standards and consumer expectations by using internal Analysis tools (Instaedge, QES) and by working with the Owner Ship Solution team, Internal factories, the Product Source and directly with customers and consumers where required.
- To drive continuous improvement and attain the defined product quality objectives (SCRlq, SCR Distractor reduction and elimination, Consumer Star Rating, % Warranty Costs vs Net Sales, NRFT)within APAC + MEA.
- In relation to New Product Introduction, ensure constant review of lessons from the validation of test protocols, through the Check Point process. Ensure test protocols related to Product reliability and feedback from Consumers Institute ratings, are used to set project targets for SCR and Consumer Star ratings where appropriate.
- When necessary, support Sector team members requiring “veto” right for significant non-compliance Quality requirements, ensuring application of a defined escalation process.
- Prepare periodic quality reports to represent the quality situation of each sales company and for the APAC + MEA sector as a whole. Working with Owner ship solution to collect and present Quality data to assist countries, engineering, purchasing, Product Source & manufacturing to achieve target improvement and track improvement progress.
- Ensure fulfilment of Product Safety requirements and follow up.
- Ensure fulfilment of Sustainability targets (RML, ROHS, and REACH).
- Partner with other Sector Functions, especially Product Line, Owner ship solution, R&D, Purchasing, Industrial Operations PL VPs and Product Source.
- Implement the tools and methodologies to eliminate root causes for product quality using various methods (Pareto top priority issues, 8D, Fish bone diagram, Pokayoke and FMEA) and achieve the Business objectives.
- Promote and facilitate best practice for Quality Continuous Improvement activities, contributing to the creation and improvement of internal standards, educational materials, visual evidence, summary materials referring to technically proofed solutions and team working practices.
- Create a positive working environment that encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk taking.
- Cooperating with both Electrolux manufacturing and product from outside & internal manufacturing for smooth control of product quality.
Who you are
The incumbent will have a strong drive, ambition to deliver, and great learning ability to encompass daily and strategic challenges and very strong leadership and influencing skills. The following personal specifications are also required:
- Demonstrated leadership capability in communicating and influencing others, stakeholder management, being a change leader and driving project success individually and through teams.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field with at least 7 years minimum experience in cross-functional activities related to products and their manufacturing processes, where Product or Quality Management expertise and continuous improvement is the key focus.
- Detail oriented and analytical with a proven record of success leading product projects and activities, achieving long-term continuous improvement.
- Experience with and commitment to Quality concepts and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Lean Tools / Six Sigma is preferred
- Quality tool knowledge 8D, FMEA, SPC, Pokayoke process improvement oriented.
- A high sense of urgency with the ability to make and implement tough and timely decisions with a focus on results
- Characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Good oral and written knowledge of English is essential.
- Computer skills with a high competence level in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, Access etc.