Quality Manager Titan Factory
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
The quality Manger is
responsible to deploy all activities related with quality functions in
Springfield Titan factory, he/she should deploy the established systems across
the organization to implement solid quality processes that can lead us to
consumer satisfaction, this position will oversee the incoming product,
manufacturing process and field performance of our products
- Lead and provide resources for control plans and process flow diagrams.
- Use voice of the customer techniques to determine customer needs and translate them into product characteristics / requirements.
- Leverage the advance quality planning process to provide feedback from other projects to develop countermeasures on current projects.
- Ensure product designs are within the enterprise’s process capabilities and initiate action to improve the process or acquire more capable equipment.
- Lead the investigation into external customer quality issues with robust problem-solving techniques.
- Work directly with other departments to ensure product performance, internal quality, and field performance on the FS TITAN product.
- Manage and continually improve APQP process on current income parts.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You look at everything from every angle, distilling the core message and putting it together in a way that excites and delights.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- You understand good negotiations begin long before doing a deal, through building good working relationships, understanding your suppliers’ motivations and starting from a confident position.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required.
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience operating in a mature ISO 9001:2000 / QS 9000 / TS-16949 quality system.
- Previous Six Sigma experience and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer designation.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience completing required elements of the APQP / PPAP process, including Boundary Diagrams, P-Diagrams, Interface Analysis, Design FMEA, Special Characteristics, DVP&R, FRACAS, Fishbone and requirements management using QFD.