Quality Statistical Test Technician - 2nd Shift- Anderson SC (B)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Quality Assurance Technician monitors the process and the product during the shift against accepted plant quality standards, mainly focused on functional testing of the product online and in a laboratory environment. This job is will interact with all the departments of the plant as well as the audit room, reliability lab, and other areas. Strong computer skills, with some experience in database management/use and data mining is strongly preferred.
- Continuously monitors and reviews assembly functional test data to determine improvement opportunities to the product and the process.
- Manages statistical test functions in customer laboratories to determine improvement opportunities and correct functioning of refrigerators.
- Maintains product functional testing requirements and ensures equipment is testing to latest requirements.
- Performs process audits of functional testing processes to ensure the quality of the process or product.
- Procedural audits to ensure processes are being followed.
- Assists Operations and Engineering in diagnosing and correcting functional test failures.
- Determines root causes and initiates immediate and long-term corrective actions to issues found in functional testing.
- Completes projects related to complex, chronic quality problems (SCR, NRFT) that result in the implementation of preventive action, includes determining the necessary measurements and facilitating input from others to develop an action plan for resolution.
- Works with Supplier Quality to initiate containment and corrective actions on supplier issues.
- Coordinates teams of employees involved in rework, in plant or off-site (including out of town).
- Works independent of all other plant departments to ensure customer needs are met, and questionable product is contained.
- Provides direction to the Customer Lab Techs as needed.
- Provides Leadership on Quality issues, problem solving, and decision making during the shift.
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work efficiently and proactively to deliver results.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You set the pace and the priorities, and then you bring a methodical approach to meeting your goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Must have no active written disciplinary action in the past 6 months.
- Must have less than 4.0 attendance points.
- Capable of performing all job functions of the Customer Lab Techs.
- High School Diploma required.
- Standard QA Tech Test Required.
- Technical Degree/Associates Degree and/or Certificate preferred.