Quality Statistical Test Technician - 3rd Shift
Monitors the Process and the Product during the shift against accepted plant quality standards, mainly focused on functional testing of the product on line and in a laboratory environment. This job will interact with all of the departments of the plant as well as the audit room, reliability lab and other areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continuously monitors and reviews assembly functional test data to determine improvement opportunities to the product and the process.
- Manages statistical test function in customer laboratories to determine improvement opportunities and correct functioning of refrigerators.
- Maintains product functional testing requirements and ensures equipment is testing to latest requirements.
- Performs process audits of functional testing processes to ensure the quality of the process or product.
- Procedural audits to ensure processes are being followed.
- Assists Operations and Engineering in diagnosing and correcting functional test failures.
- Determines root causes and initiates immediate and long term corrective actions to issues found in functional testing.
- Completes projects related to complex, chronic quality problems (SCR, NRFT) that result in the implementation of preventive action. Involved in this includes determining the needed measurements and facilitating input from others to develop an action plan for resolution.
- Capable of developing a thorough knowledge of the function of the refrigerator and all of components, to provide quality decisions and direction on product quality to shift management when required.
- Provides direction to the Customer Lab Techs as needed. Capable of performing all of the job functions of the Customer Lab Techs.
- Works with Supplier Quality to initiate containment and corrective actions on supplier issues.
- Coordinates teams of employees involved in rework, in plant or off-site (including out of town).
- Works independent of all other plant departments to ensure customer needs are met, and questionable product is contained.
- Provides Leadership
on Quality issues, problem solving, and decision making during the
KNOWLEDGE SKILL SET AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong computer skills, with some experience in database management/use.
- Demonstrated computer aptitude.
- Data mining is strongly preferred.
- Must have no written disciplinary action in the past 6 months
- Must have less than 4.0 attendance points
- High School Diploma
- Standard QA Tech Test Required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to push carts full of material to appropriate stocking locations. The employee is required to stand and lift materials to shelves for stocking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.