Quality Technician (1st Shift)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
In this role you will monitor the Process and the Product during the shift against accepted plant quality standards. Takes action to contain problems and works individually and as part of a team to improve the quality of the product and processes through problem solving. This job is performed in all the departments of the plant as well as in the audit room, reliability and other areas. You will perform product, process, and procedural audits in the assigned area against requirements using various measurement tools, gauges, and systems to ensure the quality of the process or product. This can encompass dis-assembly and re-assembly of product to better evaluate function of the unit or components. You will work independent of all other plant departments to ensure customer needs are met, and questionable product is contained, including finished goods containment in the warehouse
- Able to determine root causes and immediate corrective actions to issues found in production, also able to lead a team through this process successfully
- Collects and analyzes data to identify problems and provide information to allow for improvement
- Completes projects related to complex, chronic quality problems (SCR, NRFT) that result in the implementation of preventive action. Involved in this includes determining the needed measurements and facilitating input from others to develop an action plan for resolution
- Capable of developing a thorough knowledge of the function of the refrigerator and all of components, to provide input into quality decisions
- Works with Supplier Quality and other applicable functions to initiate containment and corrective actions on supplier issues
- Coordinates teams of employees involved in rework, in plant or off-site (including out of town)
- Provide timely and accurate communication to all levels of management concerning ongoing quality problems
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ours is a dynamic, fast-paced environment that asks for flexibility and agility.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- You can join the dots to take us from where we are to where we want to be, mapping the clear routes and strategies essential to achieving our goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma
- Standard QA Tech Test Required
- Strong ability to utilize standard hand-held gaging for measurements of products against design requirements
- Math Skills, such as working in fractions, decimals in both US Standard and Metric units
- Able to read and interpret drawings, access and understand product and process literature including BOM, drawings, and, QMS documentation, and Product quality standards
- Able to communicate and train associates on product and process requirements
- Represents the customer in making decisions on non-established quality standards
- Computer literate – able to work in Microsoft Office, AS400, ASI Datamyte, and other applications as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to push carts full of material to appropriate stocking locations. The employee is required to stand and lift materials to shelves for stocking. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.