Quality Technician - 1st shift - Anderson SC (B)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The quality technician will monitor the process and the product during the shift against accepted plant quality standards. This person will be responsible to take action to contain problems and will work individually and as part of a team to improve the quality of the product and processes through problem solving. This job is performed in all the departments of the plant as well as in the audit room, reliability, and other areas.
- Performs product, process, and procedural audits in the assigned area against requirements using various measurement tools, gauges, and systems to ensure the quality of the process or product. This can encompass dis-assembly and re-assembly of product to better evaluate function of the unit or components.
- Able to determine root causes and immediate corrective actions to issues found in production, also able to lead a team through this process successfully.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify problems and provide information to allow for improvement.
- Completes projects related to complex, chronic quality problems (SCR, NRFT) that result in the implementation of preventive action. Involved in this includes determining the needed measurements and facilitating input from others to develop an action plan for resolution.
- Capable of developing a thorough knowledge of the function of the refrigerator and all of components, to provide input into quality decisions.
- Works with Supplier Quality and other applicable functions to initiate containment and corrective actions on supplier issues.
- Coordinates teams of employees involved in rework, in plant or off-site (including out of town).
- Works independent of all other plant departments to ensure customer needs are met, and questionable product is contained, including finished goods containment in the warehouse.
- Provide timely and accurate communication to all levels of management concerning ongoing quality problems.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You start and you finish, taking leadership of getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- Strong ability to utilize standard hand-held gaging for measurements of products against design requirements.
- Math Skills, such as working in fractions, decimals in both US Standard and Metric units.
- Able to read and interpret drawings.
- Able to access and understand product and process literature including BOM, drawings, QMS documentation, and Product quality standards.
- Able to communicate and train associates on product and process requirements.
- Represents the customer in making decisions on non-established quality standards.
- Works with a sense of urgency when needed to contain and address a quality concern.
- Computer literate – able to work in Microsoft Office, AS400, ASI Datamyte, and other applications as needed.
- Must have no written disciplinary action in the past 6 months.
- Must have less than 4.0 attendance points.
- High School Diploma required.
- Standard QA Tech Test Required.