Quality Technician-1st Shift- Springfield, TN (P)
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
in the development and execution of quality plans and ensures quality for
specific manufacturing operations and processes is maintained daily. Provides
input to management relative to in-process inspections and quality plan
development. Works in conjunction with Engineering, Quality and Operations to
troubleshoot processes and products with “out of specification” variation.
Assists with investigation of internal and field failures to determine root
cause and can disposition non-conforming product. Develops visual instructions
or controls for effective assembly as well as participate in the tracking of
manufacturing metrics and goal performance, such as NRFT, Scrap, PPAP’s and
Service Call Rate.
- Trains (and maintains) employees to follow standard work and to understand JDS’s.
- Daily proactive engagement with Operation Leadership, utilizing EMS principles of Go See to Reduce Variation.
- Knowledge and experience in applying statistical process control.
- Coordinate with operations team to complete and release hold orders in a timely manner (24 hours if feasible).
- Maintain daily error proofing and product quality Audits.
WHO YOU ARE
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs service delivery.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You start and you finish, taking responsibility for getting things done, on time and to high quality, tying up all the loose ends along the way.
- You’re open minded about where ideas come from and how they can be applied to enable innovation.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You can manage changing priorities with ease.
- You know how to structure a case and get people on board.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You see challenge as opportunity.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- With lots of initiative, you always have something to do and thrive on being productive.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- High School diploma, GED or 3 to 5 years Electrolux experience with working knowledge of required processes or five years of experience in a manufacturing/quality related field.
- Green Gear Certification or commitment to obtain certification within 1st year of employment in this position.
- One (1) year experience supervising people preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Proven experience in team building and employee motivation.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Ability to bend, stoop, grip, reach and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Able to stand much of the shift to perform duties.