R&D Director, Fabric Care
The R&D functions play an instrumental role in
Electrolux strategy, with consumer experience driven innovation, modularization
and connected products.
As Head of R&D Fabric Care APAC and MEA you will be reporting operationally to the VP Product Line Fabric Care and functionally to the SVP Global R&D Fabric and Dish Care. You will be a part of the Global R&D Leadership team and lead an R&D and Product Care team in a multicultural and fast environment.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Deliver New Fabric Care Products in alignment
within the generation Plans of the Business Area and selected product projects
to other company Business Areas according to the Global Modularization. The supplying
units are Rayong factory and ODM sources but also other BA factories.
- Understanding emerging market consumers’ environments, and optimizing product for emerging markets (SEA, Middle East, and Africa)
- Understanding consumer experience journey and cultivating innovative modules with Global R&D based on global architectures
- Have ownership of the life cycle product care for the supplied products
- Lead R&D/PC/Lab teams in Rayong and Cairo.
- Work closely with designated R&D centers for implementing global Architectures in the Business Area factories and implementing new modules for improved performance and cost technology with global technology teams.
- Ensure Global Modularization strategy in the Quality design of New Products and enforce adherence to a single Global New Product Introduction / PLM Process
- Drive and develop an Innovation culture within the regional and Global R&D Teams.
- Utilize knowledge of competition, and product potential to seek out and gain new business opportunities.
- Be strong and proactive in communication when with the Product Line and BA teams to ensure that great ideas make it through to production, to specification, cost, time and quality.
- Be the business partner for the Business Area for any questions related to product performance, planning, feasibility and manufacturability
- Master degree or higher-level qualification in
engineering or relevant technology discipline with 15+-years´ experience across
- Experience for developing optimized home appliance products for emerging markets and also having export projects’ experiences from Thailand manufacturing sites to emerging markets (SEA, Middle East, and Africa)
- Proven strong business and people leadership with gender equality mindset
- Proven track record of achievements in R&D environment
- Capability to deliver under pressure
- Understanding of digital trends, opportunities, relevance for Electrolux, and how to make it happen
- Management experience in bringing R&D projects to volume production
- Ability to work across multiple business units with strong communication skills and problem-solving initiatives
- Ability to communicate across a wide variety of cultures and in the Business Area and outside
- Deep knowledge in Washing product engineering and excellent capability to master new technologies
Personal and Leadership Style
- Strategic as well as tactical thinking
- Good communicator that is able to present ideas clearly and with conviction at all levels
- Ability to work in an international, ambiguous and dynamic work environment; comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
- Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams
- Good business understanding and holistic approach
- Strong Business Leader and People Leader, including ability to listen, coach, motivate and inspire people
- Strong drive for results
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Fluency in English.
- Thai language is a strong benefit for coaching and communicating with several stakeholders in Thailand factory