R&D Director Water Treatment
The R&D functions play an instrumental role in Electrolux strategy.
As R&D Director, you will be reporting operationally to the VP Product Line. You will join and lead an international team in a multicultural and fast environment.
The mission of this position is to develop a consumer experience driven innovation, including modularization and connected products. You will operationally lead the team for the water treatment area.
A Typical Day
· Deliver New Products approved in the Generation Plans for APAC&MEA Water Treatment product Line.
· Drive and develop an Innovation culture internally and externally with the key strategic suppliers
· Utilize knowledge of competition, consumer insights of the Emerging and Mature markets as well as product potential to seek out and gain new business opportunities.
· Communicate and work seamlessly with the Product Line teams to ensure that great ideas make it through to production, to specification, cost, time and quality.
Who You Are
· Master’s degree or higher-level qualification in engineering or relevant technology discipline with 10+-years´ experience across different domains with a proven record of excellent performance in previous positions.
· Relevant experience in the water treatment industry with focus on the PoU and domestic environment
· Proven strong business and people leadership experience.
· Proven track record of achievements in R&D environment
· Capability to deliver under pressure
· Understanding of digital and technological trends and proven ability to make it relevant and concrete in Electrolux context, especially in a context of Emerging markets such as Middle East, Africa and East Asia.
· Management experience in bringing R&D projects to volume production
· Ability to work across multiple business units with strong communication skills and problem-solving initiatives
· Deep knowledge in product engineering and excellent capability to master new technologies
· Strategic as well as tactical thinking
· High energy and enthusiasm, ability to drive program from zero to completion
· Good communicator that is able to present ideas clearly and with conviction at all levels
· Role model display of our Core competences; Energy, Openness, Agility and Growth
· Ability to work in an international, ambiguous and dynamic work environment; comfortable handling risk and uncertainty
· Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams
· Good business understanding, ability to turn the consumer’s insight into an innovative and commercially viable solution. Holistic approach.
· Strong Business Leader and People Leader, including ability to listen, coach, motivate and inspire people
· Strong drive for results
· Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
· With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
· You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions. You can manage changing priorities with ease.
· You keep the consumer and customer front of mind, bringing an outside-in perspective to encouraging cross-collaboration, utilizing diversity and encouraging open feedback.
· You can manage changing priorities with ease.
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
· Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
· Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
· Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
· Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
· Attend training that helps you to work safely