R&D Intern-Fabric Care
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
Electrolux is looking to add a lab intern to their Fabric Care R&D team in Charlotte, NC. This role will be primarily responsible for conducting performance and quality tests on residential washer and dryers.
- Set up and perform testing according to applicable Electrolux test standards.
- Use electronic data recording and formatting methods to collect test data.
- Accurately record data and test setup on electronic datasheets to support test reports.
- Extensive use of MS Excel to plot and evaluate raw data.
- Diagnose test failures and offer solutions needed to support project progress.
- Read and understand testing standards and maintain testing methods, datasheets, and data.
- Maintain and organize laboratory supplies, fixtures, tools, and equipment needed for testing.
- Assist in building and instrumenting test fixtures.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- Focused on achieving your targets – and those of customers.
- You want to know everything about everything – then you take it all apart and put it back together.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You nurture and develop the relationships that implement innovation.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- In pursuit of a mechanical, electrical, or software engineering degree.
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
- Previous experience working in a lab environment using electronic equipment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word required.
- The employee frequently is required to walk and sit.
- The employee is frequently required to stand.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must have the ability to use a two-wheel cart to move laundry units weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools.
- Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.