R&D Product Care Engineer
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Product Care Engineer coordinates and manages activities and projects to support cost, quality, and factory goals on daily production and new product launches. This position also provides support for supplier development and strategies as it pertains to engineering regional and global directives and is responsible for project assignments that could range in complexity from component level application to complete system development. The Product Care Engineer works with all departments, vendors, and customers within the scope of the project and provides engineering project status updates as required.
- Provide engineering expertise as related to product design, quality improvement, cost out, and factory support.
- Analyze test data and correlate to product design improvements.
- Assist in the establishment of development requirements for product changes and help execute them to meet objectives.
- Complete activities and projects necessary to achieve company quality and cost goals.
- Create and maintain a historical log of projects completed and in progress.
- Provide updates to management and project teams as required.
- Conduct design reviews with diligence and accuracy.
- Maintain orderly and correct project files.
- Give written and oral presentations when required.
- Operate productively in a cross functional and diverse workplace utilizing the global experience within the corporation.
- Execute other assignments as deemed strategically required by top management.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You work with urgency, analyzing and adapting to different situations, quickly understanding changes and reacting confidently and decisively.
- You build trust, good working relationships and communicate effectively with your colleagues and across functions.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You not only know your area of expertise, you’re passionate about it and how it can enable and support people to work better and achieve more.
- You love to explore new ideas and drive continuous improvement, not only to do your best work but to develop your capabilities and acquire new skills.
- Maximizing efficiencies and hitting KPIs are just the beginning: your real passion is delivering products that change and enhance lives. The rest is a bonus.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Open to new graduates with Engineering Degrees.
- Plastics / Sheet Metal design development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated PC proficiency with Micro-Soft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project is required.
- Must have general knowledge of mechanical/electrical product design, manufacturing, or assembly methodologies.
- Experience on purchasing processes; familiarity with cost models, RFQ’s, MOU’s and sourcing boards preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Strong aptitude for details.
- 6 Sigma Black Belt, Green Belt, or GE/ASQ experience and Lean manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Manufacturing/Quality/R&D experience in the appliance industry is a plus.
- Financial analysis, total cost, business case experience is preferred.