R&D Team Leader
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work everyday has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By staying humble and open for new ideas – we can push the boundaries for cooking, cleaning and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
R&D Team Leader – Forlí, Italy
As R&D Team Leader, you will coordinate the design team (5 reports at the time being, Mechanical designers and Senior Mechanical designers) from product concept creation through production for the North American market.
You will maintain and share a comprehensive knowledge of products (Wall Oven/MicroCombi/Cooktops), processes and test requirements and applies it to projects.
• Provide technical leadership for major programs, including the direction of assigned technical staff.
• Assist in
• Mentor technical staff with respect to specific knowledge or technical expertise.
• Maintain and shares a comprehensive knowledge of the product, processes and test requirements and applies it to projects.
• Interface with PMOs project responsible as accountable for all the R&D deliverable of
• Conduct cross-functional design reviews as required to communicate design intent.
• Assist in the establishment of design objectives and execute designs to meet these objectives.
• Develop and maintain R&D development schedules – utilizing Gantt charts or other means to communicate critical path timelines to the organization.
• Assist and support the DFMEAs for
• Plan and approve work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and CSL.
• Develop and maintain all product material cost estimates for assigned projects.
• Review together with the team all the test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
• Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverables.
• Strong performer. You can work fast and effectively driving a number of projects at the same time.
• Strong self-motivation. You are eager to learn and constantly improve.
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in an international environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
• Proactive. You are always
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Willing to travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5 years minimum appliance product design related experience, Technical or People leadership experience preferred.
• CFD simulation tools (basic).
• 3D CAD skills (Catia Knowledge is a plus).
• DFA/DFM – Design for Assembly and Manufacturing (basic).
• PLM (