R&D Team Leader
Make ideas come to life. Globally.
For us going to work
R&D Team Leader – Forlí, Italy
As R&D Team Leader you will coordinate the design team from product concept creation through production for Cooking appliances for the North American market. This person maintains and shares a comprehensive knowledge of products, processes and test requirements and applies it to projects.
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK
• Develop cooking equipment designs from component level integration to complete system development to improve marketability, quality, function, performance, and reliability while maintaining cost objectives.
• Provide technical leadership for major programs, including the direction of assigned technical staff.
• Assist in development and evaluation of team KPIs for assigned technical staff.
• Mentor technical staff with respect to specific knowledge or technical expertise.
• Maintain and share a comprehensive knowledge of the product, processes and test requirements and applies it to projects.
• Interface with PMOs project responsible as accountable for all the R&D deliverable of PD process.
• Conduct cross-functional design reviews as required to communicate design intent.
• Assist in the establishment of design objectives and execute designs to meet these objectives.
• Develop and maintain R&D development schedules – utilizing Gantt charts or other means to communicate critical path timelines to the organization.
• Develop and assist the DFMEAs for the project assigned to his group.
• Plan and approve work performed by the Model Shop, Agency Labs, Drafting, Reliability, and CSL.
• Develop and maintain all product material cost estimates for assigned projects.
• Review and approve all test results to ensure they meet all technical and agency requirements.
• Present TDP or assign the task to the group engineer
• Provide timely communication as to project status and deliverables.
• Perform any and all functions as outlined by Engineering Management; lead or participate in special function teams and support production as required.
• Strong performer. You can work fast and effectively driving a number of projects at the same time.
• Strong self-motivation. You are eager to learn and constantly improve.
• Open minded. You appreciate the privilege of working in an international environment and are respectful of different cultural backgrounds.
• Proactive. You are always one step ahead.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Willing to travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• 5 years minimum appliance product design related experience, Technical or People leadership experience preferred.
• CFD simulation tools (basic).
• 3D CAD skills (Catia Knowledge is a plus).
• DFA/DFM – Design for Assembly and Manufacturing (basic).
• PLM (TeamCenter knowledge is a plus).