RDC General Manager
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (ESSENTIAL DUTIES):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be. The RDC Manager is responsible for a major Regional Distribution Center meanwhile possessing a high degree of operational acumen and exceptional subject matter expertise in warehousing and logistics. In this role you will plan and coordinate RDC operations. You will provide warehousing expertise yielding development and implementation of strategic solutions to meet business needs at the best overall cost and service. In addition, you will build the required internal and external relationships to ensure collaboration across the RDC operations and drive best practice implementation and process standardization. Other key responsibilities include the establishment, maintenance and reporting of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Champion safety, innovation, customer focus, and a drive for results across all operations within the RDC.
- Develop and execute operations strategies that deliver continuous improvement across all KPI’s to drive improved service levels and operational cost savings.
- Utilize lean methodologies (Electrolux Manufacturing Systems) to drive continuous improvement processes and culture within the operations.
- Partner with manufacturing facilities, transportation, sales and operations planning, among others, to ensure operational alignment and best practice sharing.
- Lead cross functional teams with a focus on process improvement while ensuring the best in class deployment of inventory management policies, including cycle count programs and utilization of technology.
- Responsible for developing high caliber talent and bench strength while managing the performance of the team.
- Oversee and manage the budget and lead the annual planning process.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Both reactive and proactive, you work efficiently and flexibly to deliver results.
- You always strive for better, in your work and for your future.
- You ask and you listen, you take ideas on board and work with your team, taking everyone in the same direction.
- Whether face-to-face or on the phone, you can communicate plans and articulate your ideas with colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You are open to opportunity and can see the bigger picture, keeping consumers and colleagues front of mind as you embrace the opportunities that our diversity offers.
- For you, every challenge offers opportunity and potential. You just have to find it.
- You aim to fix any issue the first time, following up as needed to reach a resolution that satisfies the customer.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS):
- Bachelor degree is required; MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years RDC and/or distribution experience, with two years supervisory experience.
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Communicator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chain inventory, receiving and shipping activities.
- Knowledge of WMS preferred.