RDC Inventory Supervisor - East Coast Hub
The Inventory Supervisor is a critical role within the East Coast Sourced Product Hub Team and is required to maintain inventory accuracy with all product types throughout the facility. Responsibilities for this role include collaborating with all departments within the facility, the Electrolux RDC Advocate Team, and International Transportation Team. This position requires training staff personnel and supervising their work to ensure compliance with quality standards, procedures, policies, deadlines, etc., and assists in resolving any issues and developing continuous improvement action plans as required.
This position requires reacting to all inventory management requirements with a sense of urgency to ensure the highest service levels. This role includes understanding of cycle count procedures, to ensure the goals for location, item, and financial accuracy are consistently maintained. This individual will also coordinate process audits to document inventory accuracy in the following areas: Receiving, Putaway, Picking, Shipping, Customer Returns, and processing of scrap units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and execute cycle count schedule in compliance with the corporate accounting objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee the daily cycle counts of the various inventory assets.
- Investigate, identify and reconcile the cycle count discrepancies, i.e., shortages as well as overages.
- Audit process along with paper flow errors and identify inconsistencies that affect the accuracy of the inventories.
- Take care of the inventory areas by organizing and maintaining efficient material handling and storage practices.
- Maintain the cycle count records so that it can be reviewed by the management and also provide the reports related to cycle count activity.
- Update & review inventory targets and policies based on corporate inventory policies.
- Authorize all adjustments made to physical inventory and investigate the inventory issues like quality control complaints and customer complaints regarding products, etc.
- Collaborate across functions and demonstrate flexibility in supporting all work required to achieve organizational goals.
- Coordinate damaged and defective products and ensure it is properly accounted for and handled properly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred; Business/Supply Chain Management preferred
- 5 – 7 years of inventory experience preferred
- Operational experience is preferred
- Understanding of SAP preferred
- Experience working with variety of WMS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to multi-task under pressure independently and as part of the team
- Strong work ethic with a focus on results
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent follow-up skills
- Creative problem solver, ready to take ownership of assigned duties in a timely manner
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP, Warehouse management systems, J.D. Edwards / SAP, etc.
- Flexibility to work standard shifts as well as extended business hours depending on customer needs