Receiving Supervisor - 2nd Shift
A REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Receiving Supervisor- 2nd Shift is responsible for managing inbound material for the assembly line by addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower and reporting equipment issues. You will provide hands – on support, leadership and direction to the direct reports on 2nd shift. You will hold daily meetings with Material Handlers at start of shift to go over safety, daily schedule, and ensure all jobs are covered and work with the team to promote an action oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all team members resulting in an incident free workplace. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support material flow.
- Attend daily meetings; helps set and coordinate inbound material flow to the production schedule demands with Team Members. Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real time problem solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD)
- Ability to engage team members to foster culture of teamwork and collaboration with the ability to make date driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations
- Preform daily Gemba walks through the area with previous and next shift for handoff to ensure everything is safe, clean, and in proper locations
- Complete 2 stop audits every month and perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives
- Work and communicate with material planners on any discrepancies, missed deliveries, or damaged freight
- First line of responsibility for material personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues
WHO YOU ARE:
- With a number of projects running simultaneously, flexibility and agility are essential.
- With an eye for detail and the ability to interpret complex data, you can also translate this into meaningful, useful information that informs decision-making.
- You can make yourself understood and are a good listener.
- You get to know your stuff and can articulate it well, building a case that is sound and people can buy into.
- You are driven to succeed and focused on leading your team to achieve.
- You can work autonomously but will never be on your own, working proactively to identify the opportunities and implement the plan.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 plus years’ experience in Material Handling and Manufacturing operations
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus