Receiving Supervisor - 3rd shift (B)
REGULAR DAY AT WORK (Essential Duties):
For us going to work every day has an even greater purpose than putting the latest product or technology on the market. It’s about improving the everyday lives of millions. By being sustainable and open to new ideas we can push the boundaries of cooking, cleaning, and wellbeing at home. But to keep doing so, we need more people who want to innovate and re-imagine what life at home can be.
The Receiving Supervisor- 3rd Shift is responsible for managing inbound material for the assembly line by addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower, and reporting equipment issues. The Receiving Supervisor provides hands – on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports on 3rd shift. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support material flow. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in their analytical abilities, organizational skills, and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed, and rewarded.
- Hold daily meetings with Material Handlers at start of shift to go over safety, daily schedules, and ensure all jobs are covered for 3rd shift.
- Promote action-oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident free workplace.
- Helps set and coordinate inbound material flow to the production schedule demands with Team Members. Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management.
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real time problem solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD).
- Ability to engage team members to foster culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Perform daily Gemba walks through the area with previous and next shift for handoff to ensure everything is safe, clean, and in proper locations and complete 2 stop audits every month.
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives.
- Work and communicate with material planners on any discrepancies, missed deliveries, or damaged freight.
- First line of responsibility for material personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You can quickly understand and assess a situation and react confidently, making decisions even where there is ambiguity.
- You can balance commercial considerations without compromising on quality, evaluating the data to inform decision-making and continuous improvement.
- You build networks and trust, good working relationships and apply your influence to shaping change.
- You understand and empathize with people and can apply your people and problem solving skills to reassuring customers.
- Your enthusiasm is infectious and inspires and engages your colleagues and collaborators to achieve, deliver, be accountable and own their work. You’ll also have the stamina essential to delivering results in both the short and long term.
- You appreciate and understand process and the project goals.
We employ great people from a wide variety of backgrounds – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but also because we believe that diverse perspectives make our business stronger and more innovative. If you share our values, come find your place in our global community. Meet us on @lifeatelectrolux and career.electroluxgroup.com to learn more.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (Minimum Qualifications):
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 plus years’ experience in Material Handling and Manufacturing operations
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus
- Proven analytical skills; data driven and detail oriented
- Highly organized; capable of multitasking
across multiple projects