Regional Category Manager Cooking Appliances
APAC&MEA, the newly integrated Business Area of Electrolux Headquartered in Singapore encompasses rich and diverse emerging markets such as Australia, Africa, Middle East, China, Thailand, etc. The sector comprises of over 100 countries and 1000+ spoken languages.
Our Business area is a unique blend of cultures, festivities, ethnicities and cuisines. The way people cook, care for their clothes and homes is different and unique as well. Which makes the job of our Product Line teams extremely exciting and challenging. A regular day at work would be to develop and innovate product offerings that create better experiences for our Multicultural consumers.
Today we have sold 5.3M products sourced and produced in 7 plants across South Africa, Egypt, Thailand, China and Australia thanks to our 8000 employees. This year we will be launching a host of new products including the new range of connected washers and dryers as well as our new Electrolux designed products to commemorate our centenary.
We are operating in a very multicultural region with varied cooking and eating habits. This is why the Food Preparation and Dish Care product line has one of the most diverse product portfolio ranging from a cooker with a kebab grille to steam ovens and BBQs.
Joining this Product Line will give you an opportunity to shape the business of the most profitable category in our Business Area with a strong growth potential. Working with Chefs offers exciting opportunity towards designing the next generation of cooking innovations. You will collaborate with Developers, Architects and Designers to understand the kitchens of tomorrow and offering an unmatched suite of complete taste related offering.
The position reports to the Category Director, Food preparation appliances (Cooking Appliances). You will lead your business in profitable growth by delivering outstanding consumer experiences in Taste:
Great tasting food brings people together. We deliver new ways to eat tastier, healthier and more sustainably together with your family and friends providing a more modern and mindful way to experience food.
Your regular day at work:
· Develop competitive advantages in Taste, by creating outstanding consumer experiences
· Build the Gen Plan - run the IPP process, allocate capex and priorities R&D loading
· Oversee the product development flow
· Define the commercial agenda and deliver the yearly results
· Create the models catalogue and set pricing strategy
· Define strategic direction and ensure the readiness of the Commercial Launches for overall category
· Manage products life cycle for the overall category You own the Category P&L results and your success will be measured in terms of NS , CTF margin, EBIT & Consumer Ratings as well as the way you collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
· You will work with a team of Professionals across, R&D, Sales and Marketing
· Are Passionate about problem solving and delivering best in class consumer experience
· Have high Consumer orientation and solid stakeholder management skills
· Have strong focus on innovation and product development
· Speak English and preferably another Asian language (Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese etc)
· Have ambitious plans for your career development
· Strong business and commercial acumen
· Must have experience in Home Appliances, Preferable experience in cooking appliances
Education and Experience:
· 5-10years’ of commercial experience in Sales, Marketing and Product Management (range and portfolio) in a home appliances industry.
· Understanding of the P&L management
· Experience working with MNCs and remote teams
· Good communicator, builds networks and can leverage resources from different areas to work together towards overall objectives
· Self-starter, result-driven
· Experience working in a Regional capacity