Regional Sales Manager
Regional Sales Manager is responsible and accountable for the Volume, Net
Sales, CTF, and key earning financial metrics of the company for the
region. This individual drives Region
and Account performance as measured in year over year sales and to agreed targets
through active engagement and management of the customer base and field sales
team and their close relationship with the business.
The Regional Sales Manager will interface with all Customers, District Managers as well as internal Marketing, Merchandising, Accounting/Finance and Corporate Headquarters to develop and execute selling strategies to drive incremental business for the respective brands and product line(s) while maintaining targeted profitability levels and volume as set out in the Operational Plan. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the relationships with the Dealer business including retail, contract and dealer development, executing on merchandising, advertising, promotional strategies, key events and exceeding profitable sales growth over forecast.
The Regional Sales Manager develops, manages and administers the implementation and execution of all short and long term sales strategic plans and activities for the Region and works with the District Managers to monitor sales activities by measuring and reporting on actual sales performance as compared to budget expectations.
Working with the Director of Sales to assess the organizations position in regards to sales, gross profit, market share and execution of marketing plans.
Provides leadership to the field sales team while maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
A confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills, the Regional Sales Manager is able to create and lead dynamic programs and promotional opportunities to successful execution. Highly computer proficient with exceptional strong skills to analyze and problem solve. You will develop promotional plans and product line-ups, track the performance of assigned products and brands and coordinate and manage field sales expectations. Proven presentation, interpersonal and financial skills are a must for this candidate.
- Drive sales and profitability as detailed in Operating Plan to support Regions and increase the Electrolux balance of sales within the Account(s) and Region.
- Execute on promotional plans with the District Managers and trade customers to maximize the return to Electrolux
- Execute forecast requirements for the Company as required for the Region and drive forecast accuracy.
- Track and approve all Promotional Agreements for all Key Accounts and Dealers
- Monitor & Approve all VSI, Promotional spending for the Region
- Track and Monitor all Promotional Activity for program cost and benefits ( ROI)
- Communicate and execute all plans and promotions to the field team in a timely manner to ensure success of promotional plans.
- Ensure that all collateral materials are created and distributed as required for promotions.
- Grow floor position on Electrolux brands at retailers
- Provide weekly updates to Director of Sales and Organization on competitive activities and trends.
- Identify and isolate customer opportunities within the Regions who are behind targeted objectives and develop and implement action plans to ensure the targeted Account drives growth and supports the Electrolux initiatives
- Develop, implement and provide regular updates on account performance and plans
- Action VSI spending by Region to reduce Gross to Net, drive CTF, Price, Volume and Mix andkey performance metrics.
- Track performance of assigned brands, product line(s) and promotions against specific financial and volume objectives.
- Approve and monitor Business Agreements and track sales associated to those plans and targets
- Evaluate floor merchandising for retail partners and recommend sku’s that need to be floored and help maintain floor merchandising standards.
- Conduct market visits to adapt strategies to dynamic market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.MBA preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- 7-10 years Sales experience
- 3-5 years Managerial experience
- Strong written, oral and cross functional communication skills
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized, ability to prioritize with a strong attention to detail
- Strong background in business development and negotiation; additional experience in building partnerships
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- A thorough knowledge of the process of Product Development, Advertising, Marketing, and Sales with a strong understanding of merchandising
- Intimate knowledge of retail and an understanding of the various retail classes of trade is desired
- Exceptional Computer Skills Required: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point
- Preferred applicants will be highly motivated and assertive with a strong record of performance and exceptional reliability
- Advanced knowledge of appliances and the Appliance industry is a definite asset
- Regular travel throughout territory will be required with occasional travel in North America
- French is an asset but not a requirement