Regional Training Manager OS
• Implement Electrolux OS Academy to develop, implement and align training campaigns: technical, commercial and soft skills for teams of aftermarket according to the needs and demands.
• Develop and deploy knowledge in the different channels: E-Learning, F2F, workshops, lectures, etc.
• Create new business in certification delivering revenue.
• Assure the update on the service training program for new projects.
• Improve Training Program for the service technicians and the contact center executives to deliver the Knowledge to leverage service.
• Monitor the quality of training offered to professional in services (front and backoffice).
• Develop and implement satisfaction surveys with Consumers as well as ensure adequate generation of NPS/CES as drive the main causes to the service teams fixed.
• Partner with Clusters on in-country resources on localization
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Business
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in office training and research Programs
• Experienced of working in across levels, multicultural and backgrounds
• Will already manage with success leading complex change initiatives
• Have strong relationship and negotiation skills
• Have good knowledge for Home Appliances Products
• Have focus on quality, consumer care and market
• You enjoy a teamwork and collaboration spirit
• You have a can do attitude and a positive mind-set
• Can lead without authority and work with a minimal supervision
• Ability to speak English and one more native language
Keeping you Healthy and Safe
We want you to return home in even better shape than when you started, so we need you to help us do this by making sure you follow a few simple steps. We need you to:
• Make sure you take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and
• Take reasonable care that what you do (or what you don’t do when you should have) doesn’t affect the health and safety of others, and
• Follow reasonable instructions that we might give from time-to-time, such as reporting incidents and hazards, and
• Follow policies or procedures, so long as it’s reasonable and we’ve told you about it, and
• Attend training that helps you to work safely